ea dowloader saying I need to log in and verify ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ea dowloader saying I need to log in and verify ownership

I am already logged in though.Is it AVG again this time.It says it's not up to date but when I go to update ,AVG says it is up to date.

I already did the usual restarted my comp.Deleted the bf2142 file in my document and uninstalled then reinstalled the game.

On an off topic note is BF 2 special forces worth playing still?Not a big fan of vehicles but I love infantry combat.

We love EA Download Manager.

Uninstall BF2142 and download a program called CCleaner. Open CCleaner and click on the 'Fix' tab on the left and run scan for issues. Let CCleaner fix all issue (you can check and make sure its not changing anything important). Now you should be able to install BF2142 as if you've never had it on your system before.

There are still a few ppl out there playing Special Forces, me for one. Its worth installing if you have it for a change of pace from BF2. If you don't already on SF, I would find a friend that has it and try it, the maps and playing styles (Night Vision, Grappling Hooks/Zip Lines and Flashbang/Tear Gas) isn't for everyone and the game is a little more of a system hog then regular/vanilla BF2.

Comment

I tried your suggestion it's still coming up with the same error.

I bought SF off the ea store around the time it came out.I remember liking it then having some stupid error where it was saying I didn't own the game.

I think I should be able to run it alright as I have upgraded ram and video card since I originally bought it.

Comment

Is your ingame name the same as your login for EA downloader?

Comment

Sorry for the off-topic, but I see your using EA Downloader and wanted to make sure your aware of this.

http://bf2142.totalgamingnetwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27301

Comment

CCleaner scrubs the registry pretty damn good, did you make sure to get rid of any other temp files, maybe uninstall EA Download Manager and anything else BF related run CCleaner, run the Issue Fixer and reinstall from scratch, if not contact EA. Now that I think about it, I have 2 Special Forces CD Keys (I own 2 copies for 2 computers) and recently one came up with that I didn't own Special Forces, didn't make much of it just changed the keys and would check it out later (friends come over and we play BF2 so I needed a copy for each machine). I wonder if this is related, your saying you get this also for BF2142 Northern Strike?

CCleaner has fixed alot of those kind of conflicts for me in the past.

Comment

My ingame name is different then my login name.I uninstalled battlefield 2142,ea downloader and special forces.Cleaned out the registry and files using ccleaner.It's still showing the same error.

Comment

Working...
              X