map restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map restrictions

just a quick question before i carry on grafting away at work.

i came from playing joint operations to this game and found it hard to get used to the restrictions on maps at first. For those that did not play joint operations, all levels had no boundries so you could run,fly,drive as far away as your hearts content on any map!.

i know this will probably get moved like most threads do these days but it got me thinking what 2142 or even bf2 would be like with no boundries. I think the dogfighting would be better and sniping etc. it was always nice to be able to flank the enemy bases by air and get good drop off points on a map in joint ops without being seen sometimes which made it a cracker of a game.

what do you lot think.

I think HUGE maps make the game more fun but much much longer (and sometimes boring) and much lower scores.

I personally Like Shuhia Taiba for the size and the titan version I hardly ever play on the titan cause you can chase around it in FAVS like know ones business.

Personally to improve game play I would prefer being able to enter more buildings like you could in BF2, especially with the crazy lifts lol.

Comment

no i think it is better with the boundaries if there was no boundaryies the points will be small and you would rarly see someone to kill.
      it will just be more boring but,
      it will be good for sniping thou.

Comment

actually shuhia taiba is the most suckage map if you crashed with an vehicle and your all alone outside of the map and no one has the time to pick you up etc but no boundries wud be alot better.

Comment

People might camp away.

Comment

i just loved it in joint ops where you could be chased on a motorbike or a jeep and be able to burn off as far as you wanted safely knowing that you wont be blown up in 10 secs and punished:laugh:

it was a cracking game for sniping as there were hills,trees and grass a plenty! what made the game really fun for me was the chinooks on some maps where you could whack two jeeps in and then transport them about or fill it up with a shed load of your team and parachute out!. and you could kill the pilot if youy shot him through the glass!!(would be nice on 2142!) the killcam ruined the game for me though.

anywho back on topic
            i just think that with no boundries there would be a more open feel to the game. keep the opinions coming

Comment

Ahhh Now you gotmy brain racing. what about the ultimate map with no boundaries and unlimited players like WoW.

You could hav a complete continuos game with no end and no tickets. just bases that could be captured over and over again with soldier development along the same lines as WoW.

Now that would be cool.

Comment

*drooling*

That would be so sweet.

Shuhia Taiba is indeed one of the most fun maps, 64 player Shuhia conquest beats the crap out of anything else.

Comment

I have screen shots of the armour convoy (from both sides in different games) heading to the ultimate clash in the centre.. Silo 1. I think there were 3 walkers 4 tanks 2 apcs and a few FAVs in the convoy lol.

Comment

This is offtopic questions but xslaneyx can you tell me how many servers and people on servers have today on JO? Does people play expansion Joint Operations: Escalation or not?

Comment

Originally posted by CyBeRpUnK_CRO View Post
                      This is offtopic questions but xslaneyx can you tell me how many servers and people on servers have today on JO? Does people play expansion Joint Operations: Escalation or not?
                      Unless I'm blind, I don't see it even listed among the games on Game-Monitor.

Game-Monitor Server Listings

Comment

Originally posted by CyBeRpUnK_CRO View Post
                        there were a few still knocking about last time i checked which was about a month or so ago! didnt play for long though as i was having pb issues for some reason. the zweihander servers were still up.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy View Post
                          You could hav a complete continuos game with no end and no tickets. just bases that could be captured over and over again with soldier development along the same lines as WoW.
                          That was known as Planetside. Or for those who played it, Clientside (it used client-side hit detection :laugh. Lots of 2142 seems to have been ripped from it. It was a quite cool game back in its day.

Comment

I loved sniping in Joint Ops. Very serious business, that.

Comment

in the words of mariah carey, its just a sweet sweet fantasy baby lol

no boundries in bf2 would be great for flying jets but in 2142 there is no need, the gunships dont fly like jets or as fast so the airspace needed for flying is a lot smaller.

great idea for bf2 though

Comment

Working...
                              X