X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non-revivable kill wonder on direct hit ^^

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx
      so you cant fire and forget when using the saaw??
      I remember seeing in a patch update you could shoot the SAAW and then forget about it.

Comment

ok thanks for the heads up.. they should have a javelin like in joint ops which is fire and forget. loved that weapon

Comment

Originally posted by pilvlp
          I remember seeing in a patch update you could shoot the SAAW and then forget about it.
          1.25 beta 1

Comment

It's not fire and forget. You have to visually track it. Even when it's through fog or unscoped just point it at where you think the gunship is.

Comment

The programming of SAAW is supposed to resemble typical shoulder-launched AA missiles like Stinger. This means that the following things increase the probability of a hit for each launch:

1. Centering the lock in the viewscope, in practice zooming-in and keeping the locked target in the center as long as possible as the missile flies.

2. Angular speed of the target must be as small as possible, which means that you have better chances if the target's direction of movement is directly towards or (best) away from you. Shooting a flyby from the side will result in the missile loosing it's lock very quickly, that's the main reason most first-fired missiles will go nowhere near.

3. As long as you keep the target "painted" the missile is supposed to re-acquire its target if it has lost its lock, provided it did not hit the countermeasures (flares) and it has enough flying time remaining to make the turn. Flying time is roughly 30 seconds, so incoming targets can be shot down at further distances than when flying away from you.

4. You cannot shoot immediately after the lock tone, you should wait a bit for the "settling down" time (both weapon's and network's lag) and of course for the right time to shoot (just as the target shields go down).

Keeping consistent with these "rules" will give you roughly a 50%-70% of a single hit (not shot down) against moderate pilots, that is 50% at most for a double hit and kill. I've been using SAAW for a while now and it seems MUCH more accurate than EU's standard AT rocket launcher, which is close to useless.

Oh, and yes, all rocket launchers can be used against anything, as long as you can find target without destroying everything else around it (although I wouldn't recommend going after APC or tank...)

Comment

FYI

Gunship = 2 hits
                Transport = 3 hits.

Comment

Originally posted by MohicanGR
                  Oh, and yes, all rocket launchers can be used against anything, as long as you can find target without destroying everything else around it (although I wouldn't recommend going after APC or tank...)
                  It's easy to take out tanks with all the rocketlaunchers. You can take out a tank by just shooting it in the vents at the back, boom he's dead. You can even take out the EU tank with the SAAW, just lie down and shoot at the wheels (very little area to hit though)...

APC is hard though.

Comment

I do enjoy using the Anti Air missiles an ive had the same problems with missing so thank you all for the advice i never had the bloody common sense to ask on here what to do.

Comment

I don't normally use the SAAW, but when I do I don't normally have any problems... Just remember that if you are going against a PRO pilot, you won't be able to shoot them down. All that a pilot has to do to avoid a SAAW shot is hit F2. Once the missile sees that there is nobody in the Pilot seat, it stops tracking Another thing that pilots can do is fly around in circles near buildings/trees. Chances are, the SAAW Missile will hit one of them.

Comment

OMG, last night I was just running around with the SAAW and shooting people. I got like 40 kills with it in a round.

Comment

Oh great SogeK1ng! I bet that you will see so many people running around with SAAWs now that it won't be safe to fly in any air vehicles. I like to fly the gunship but I guess I will just have to hit the ground running now. Oh well it was fun while it lasted though.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillerjud View Post
                            Oh great SogeK1ng! I bet that you will see so many people running around with SAAWs now that it won't be safe to fly in any air vehicles. I like to fly the gunship but I guess I will just have to hit the ground running now. Oh well it was fun while it lasted though.
                            It's the anti C00KEEMONSTER, I think more people should learn how to use the SAWW. Its funny when you see like 6 people going after 1 ship. lol

PWNT!

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                              Just remember that if you are going against a PRO pilot, you won't be able to shoot them down. All that a pilot has to do to avoid a SAAW shot is hit F2. Once the missile sees that there is nobody in the Pilot seat, it stops tracking Another thing that pilots can do is fly around in circles near buildings/trees. Chances are, the SAAW Missile will hit one of them.
                              About the F2 switch, is true before the full lock on. If the gunship or transport was fully locked on, the missile will still track it for 3 seconds.

While it might work under certain areas or conditions, it is useless when flying below 125 meters not completely reliable even if above that due that you will lose throttle speed and altitude and you will be an easy prey for the second batch of missiles...unless you have the countermeasure ready.

The rest is true as I do that as pilot.

Comment

Working...
                              X