Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

launching yourself high with RDX: how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• launching yourself high with RDX: how to?

i've seen guys use RDX to reach really high places like top of EU base at camp-g or on top of cranes. i know how to use RDX to reach places that aren't that high, but how do you get up to those really high places? do you need macro to achieve this? what's the secret to get to really high places with RDX?

Place them just infront of you, 3 will get you on most roofs. I always like to keep two back just incase.

I always look down at my feet and then blow them up.. Dont stand right next to the building as your likely to smack into the side. I go for a body length away from the building. 99% of the time i get on the roof.

Some people are against going on the roof some are for it. Personally i am all for it.

Comment

I always seem to damage myself doing it. Dont forget falling from a great hight HURTS lol.

I think most people place it in front of them and run over it so they havea forward motion as they fly up. Not an expert though.

Comment

i tried 3 and even 5, but it doesn't launch me high enough to get on top of cranes and high buildings...theres's gotta be a trick to it that i'm missing...

are you not supposed to jump as you detonate them? i usually sprint a bit and then jump right on top of the RDX, but it never sends me that high.

Comment

That because the cranes are too high. It will only get you so high...

Roof tops and a few towers are your limits.

Comment

Jump when doing it. I can get from building to building in FoB. I feel like NEO and sh1t lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sogek1ng
              Jump when doing it. I can get from building to building in FoB. I feel like NEO and sh1t lol.
              HAHA QFT

Comment

first off be careful which server you do this on because its against some servers rules to be on the roofs.

FF=OFF ONLY! dont even do this on a server that has a % of FF off because so many demopacks will kill you even with it turned down

to get to the top of eu base in gamp g go to the raised platform in the back where the sat-track machine is. get close but not the close to the wall. look down and in exactly the same spot lay down all 5 of your rdx demopacks. stand right on top of them, and yest you can jump and it will help(i recomend it), set them off and it should blow you about 10-15m above the roof, deploy your parachute and have a safe landing lol.

always remember to deply the chute when landing otherwise you will die because of your velocity.

most roofs only take 3 demopacks but remember everytime you add abother pack the higher you'll go

to get on the crane by harbour plant 5 demopacks where the random bush is right before at the right infront of the crane (fire in the hole) it should get you to the top of most cranes. its in the dirt and the only one there so u can miss it but if this is to confusing let me know and i will post screenshots for you.

dont give up if you cant get it the first couple of times. it takes some practice

btw, be careful on your way up, if you just barely hit something your dead, this means the wall or an overhang, anything

let me know if you have anymore problems, if you do i'll post screenshots with step by step instructions. let me know if there are any place on anymap that your trying to get there and i'll let you know if its possible

Comment

dang i tried with 5 RDX and it doesn't launch me more than 10m...
                  i suck at this...does the RDX have to be right on top of each other and not even a little apart?

Comment

I don't play in FF off servers so I've only tried once or twice without any real goal, but I read somewhere that it has less of an effect if you put all rdx on top of itself. Someone mentioned spread it out a little bit for more of an effect. Worth a try!

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      dang i tried with 5 RDX and it doesn't launch me more than 10m...
                      i suck at this...does the RDX have to be right on top of each other and not even a little apart?
                      i stack them on top of each other, if you spread them out they dont push you as high, its physics.

make sure your standing right on top of the demopacks. drop all five, look down to make sure you on them, look up so you can se if your going to hit anything that might kill you, jump in place and when you hit the peak of the jump blow the c4. it should work, i've never had a problem since the first time i tried it.

could you take a screenshot of your demopack set up and post it on here so i can see if your doing it right or wrong and i'll try to help you as best i can

Comment

Putting RDX right on top of each other actually weakens them I heard, so put them in a cross pattern.

I found this vid, but when he flys he's dead casue FF is on, I'm not sure in the physics are the same when you're alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                          Putting RDX right on top of each other actually weakens them I heard, so put them in a cross pattern.

I found this vid, but when he flys he's dead casue FF is on, I'm not sure in the physics are the same when you're alive.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...29756406185471
                          no offense but i dont know who told you that but im pretty sure they are wrong. i've ben doing this since bf2, when i got 2142 and started playing recon i started testing out different things with my clan mates. trust me if you put them in a cross or on top of eachother there is no big difference but from my own testing and experience i got 10-15m higher when i put all 5 on top of eachother then jump and then detonate.

thats just my own experience with it, like i said i tried spreading them out and when i set them off it just didnt get me the same height

btw: the more energy you have in a small area the more powerful an explosion. kinda hard to explain but its kind of like trying to explain a cingularity, they are more powerful and have stronger gravity than our sun because they have a mass of 3million of our suns in a 1/2"x1/2" area of space. if you spread out those 3 million suns you couldnt draw as much power from them as you could have from the cingularity.

in real life!: if i put a little amount c4 in the shape of a hollow cirlce or square on the safe's door it probably wont cause much damage to the safe but if i take that same amount of c4 and put it say in one ball somewhere on the door when it blows i would have a hole big enough to fit my hand through. if your spread out the c4 the charge and blast will dicipate more quicley losing the energy you needed to propel you upwards

Comment

Originally posted by GoodZa
                            no offense but i dont know who told you that but im pretty sure they are wrong. i've ben doing this since bf2, when i got 2142 and started playing recon i started testing out different things with my clan mates. trust me if you put them in a cross or on top of eachother there is no big difference but from my own testing and experience i got 10-15m higher when i put all 5 on top of eachother then jump and then detonate.

thats just my own experience with it, like i said i tried spreading them out and when i set them off it just didnt get me the same height
                            What about the damage it does to stuff? I've heard that in a titan assault guide not to put them all on top of each other to do more damage, so I assumed it also increases the height.

Comment

[quote=Wizrdwarts;403082]What about the damage it does to stuff? I've heard that in a titan assault guide not to put them all on top of each other to do more damage, so I assumed it also increases the height. [/quote

thats just they way they work on the consoles. the core it doesnt matter, 5 demo packs will take about 25% health from the titan. if your talking about killing someone its because you dont need 5 demo packs to kill someone when 1 will do just as good. when i titan defend i use recon, i put one c4 in the corridor entrance and spread 2 more just outside the entrance where the other team is usualy held back by nade spammers and i also put a apm mine there, when i see a bunch of red dot on my hud and my apm mine goes off i blow my c4, instant combat eff pin lol also its very fun to do

i would have to say that i love using the demopacks, its my favorite weapon and no im not one of those bunnyhoping rdx f@@@@@GGGSSS

here are some screenshots. i hope they help...

want to get to the top of eu base on gib?

place 5 demopacks on top of eachother...

stand directly on top of them, jump and at the peak blow the c4...

use the parachute to land on the roof, if you can see the red skull that is where i was when i placed the c4...

as you can see you have a perfect view of the flaq...

and a great view of fire on ruins and the catwalk...

hope these help, let me know if you have anymore questions, enjoy...

Comment

Working...
                              X