Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What server rules would YOU have if you had your own server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What server rules would YOU have if you had your own server?

Server rules tend to be a hot topic on these forums, and I think it would be interesting to see what rules (if any) people would put on their server if they had one? Please, please, please - I'm not trying to start a flame war about this. Try and respect others' opinions and be friendly. <--- See? Friendly!

I'd only have 2 rules, myself.

1. Be respectful to others. Any serious over-the-top smacktalk or taunting of others would result in a kick. My thinking on this one is, you've already killed someone, do you really need to follow it up with "zOMG U R teh n00bz!!11! I pWn3d U!!!" every time you kill someone? It's immature, unnecessary and above all annoying.

2. Bans for any hacking, glitching or stat padding (that could be proven): I would use the monitoring tools provided by PB and others (Player screenshots, Battle recorder) and if someone were found to be hacking, stat padding or glitching obscenely (like wall glitches and the like - Not the lesser stuff like Pod Surfing) they would get a permanent ban and they'd be reported with screenshots and video to other server owners as well.

Other than that, everything else would be fair game.

--= Edit =--

Sorry I forgot to add server settings.

1. FF On
    2. Autobalance On
    3. Automatic kick after 4 punished team kills. (Only for getting rid of the smacktards who are doing it on purpose)
    4. Maps would be 32 player - With all of the Conquest maps in rotation (maybe have a 24 hour Titan map rotation once or twice a week)

Originally posted by Mattsville
    <--- See? Friendly!
    When people have to resort to that, you know the forum's going downhill :laugh:

My theory has always been no rules. I would want to make a war-like atmosphere, and I don't see a U.S marine telling an Arab terrorist: "Stop spawn raping us, n00b!"

So, no rules. And I wouldn't write no glitching/hacking, because I don't think a hacker pays attention to that lol.

So I would just write;

"NO RULES! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!" and have FF on . And if I caught a cheater, insta-ban!

Comment

My sentiments exactly. That is basic, and all there needs to be. To me, all the other rules in place by a server are tailored to the clan/admins needs/wants. If the devs put something in play (e.g. moveable titans) then it should be allowed. just my $.02

Comment

Yeah, I agree.

Basically I only said no smack talk as I find it really immature. (And no hacking - That's a no-brainer)

But basically I feel that no rules is best.

Comment

The ONLY server rule that should be inforced is no combat-commanders, apart from that anything goes IMO.

Comment

My server would have these rules:

THERE ARE NO RULES!

On a PB enabled server of course.

Comment

Probably servers with no rules would have a hard job to keep it full though.

No base rape which includes secondary span sites such as those in Gibralter map.
              No Combat Commanders including use of prominent Titan ground guns.
              No spoiling Game play for others (this includes the resepct others you like )
              No bad language

On Titan maps do not spam Titan AA guns at the other Titan. (i.e. shoot ONLY at specific targets)

Server settings would be the usual but ff would be set to say 60-70 per cent. Contrary to popular beleif I am not a bunny hopping rdx spammer but enjoy the freedom of accidental TK's and all the crap that follows like needless punishes arguments and ill tidings that brings.

If you have good admins they can then choose to use discretionary powers on all aspects of the game such as pod surfing or using certain uses of supprt unlocks at the last few minutes to get gold medals as detailed in the rule about spoiling gameplay for others(hehe)

I have played on anarchaic servers many times and they soon lose appeal.

Comment

1: Be respectful to other players. If you are acting like a smack tard, warn then kick. If you are being disrespectful to the home clan, warn and then BAN.
                2: No Cheating, Stat Padding, ETC. SANE Pod surfing is OK; in other words no more than 100 meters from beacon. Roofing is also OK.
                3: Don't act like a noob. This includes teamkilling, stealing vehicles for teammates who are repairing them, flying/driving while commander, etc.
                4: No language. Seriously, what does cursing do for you other than start flame wars? Just play the freaking game!

Server Settings:
                *FF = On
                *Auto Balance = On
                *Idle kick after 10 minutes
                *Kick after 15 Negative Score
                *Kick after 4 TK punishes
                *Mutiny Vote On, Vote Kick On
                *VoiP On
                *Maps would be Camp Gibraltar, Cerbere Landing, Tunis Harbor.

Comment

1. no n00bs or kick
                  2. no Voss n00bs or BAN
                  3. no fighting commander
                  4. no glitching/cheating/hacking
                  5. no high roofs
                  6. If u have no fun on my server, its a kick than BAN xD
                  7. If u knife the admin, u have a ban
                  8. If u kill an admin, its a warning - 20x warnings kick, 30x warnings BAN...
                  9. No lone wolfs!
                  10. No baserape/spawnrape on uncaps
                  11. RDX is alowed, but overuse it = kick
                  12. - 99. Have Fun!
                  100. Rules are for breaking, have fun xD, but if u break these, u will regret it

Comment

Originally posted by HEFO
                    1. no n00bs or kick
                    2. no Voss n00bs or BAN
                    3. no fighting commander
                    5. no high roofs
                    9. No lone wolfs!
                    12. - 99. Have Fun!
                    100. Rules are for breaking, have fun xD, but if u break these, u will regret it
                    Your server would be more empty than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy View Post
                      Probably servers with no rules would have a hard job to keep it full though.

I have played on anarchaic servers many times and they soon lose appeal.
                      I want to stress though that what I mean by no rules doesn't mean "Anarchy Rules!".

I think servers that have too many rules are a form of anarchy in themselves. There are some clan servers that are a perfect example of this. They use their admin powers to force you to play the game in a way that is to their advantage i.e. no knifing commanders, no one in Gunships except clan members (Who won't shoot the enemy Gunship that also has a clan member so they can scam points). If you don't obey their arbitrary rules you get kicked. Skunk 2142 is famous for these types of rules. He only uses them because he sucks at anything other than commander.

Basically I just want people to be respectful of others (i.e. no intentional tk's, no knifing someone because they didn't hear your request for a med hub, etc.)

And no padding or hacking.

Other than that, it's your game. Play it how you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattsville
                        I want to stress though that what I mean by no rules doesn't mean "Anarchy Rules!".

I think servers that have too many rules are a form of anarchy in themselves. There are some clan servers that are a perfect example of this. They use their admin powers to force you to play the game in a way that is to their advantage i.e. no knifing commanders, no one in Gunships except clan members (Who won't shoot the enemy Gunship that also has a clan member so they can scam points). If you don't obey their arbitrary rules you get kicked. Skunk 2142 is famous for these types of rules. He only uses them because he sucks at anything other than commander.
                        More of a dictatorship rather than anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by HEFO
                          1. no n00bs or kick
                          2. no Voss n00bs or BAN
                          3. no fighting commander
                          5. no high roofs
                          9. No lone wolfs!
                          12. - 99. Have Fun!
                          WOW Some or most of those rules sound like DOORMAN IS DUMB. I think number 7 is like Doorman.

Comment

My clan already has a server that we can put pretty any game we like on. Looking at putting 2142 on but currently it's CSS 24/7. There are no real rules, except the obvious - if you're an asshat you get banned.

We don't mind swearing if it's 'oh **** I got pwned' but if it's something like '**** you cocksucking ****' then that's gonna get some action.

If we do put 2142 on, it would be FF-on for sure to stop RDX padders, and basically no padding/hacking/glitching/exploiting/abuse. Plus join squads if possible.

It's also probably obvious that 90&#37; of my clan are in 20s-30s with a few in 40's and a couple of teenagers who are kept on a short leash

Comment

Originally posted by Myxx
                              It's also probably obvious that 90% of my clan are in 20s-30s with a few in 40's and a couple of teenagers who are kept on a short leash
                              Sorry I didn't mean to imply earlier that clan servers are bad. It's just the ones ran by 12 year old as$hats that give the other clan servers a bad name.

My all-time favourite server was a clan server actually (before they shut it down due to not enough donations to keep it going).

Comment

Working...
                              X