The Jeepy Car Thing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jeepy Car Thing Thread

The jeep car thing is my all time favorite vehicle, there must be something wrong with me, but anyway, use this thread to talk about their weaknesses, strengths, tactics with them etc.

o dear watch all the flame nubs appear very soon! the fav's are useful for jihads haha:laugh:

Comment

Fast Attack Vehicles. Can't go wrong with them. Speed away from your enemies in style.

Comment

hate the handling, they should be more like the warthogs in Halo.. roadkills galore

also love tank hunting in them with the pilum

Comment

Oh man that's so much fun! Stick a vehicle scanner on the jeep, speed past some tanks and shoot them in the back

Comment

Try getting a FAV on CGibraltar 64 Players once the chokepoint stays around the Toll Station. What I will do is to speed through one of the entries and speed out again. Most of the time I will kill some people by driving over them. Carmageddon.

Comment

JIHAD! JIHAD! JIHAD! its always fun when your having a bad day!

another is:
              set up your keyboard or speedpad so that you can quickly switch from the drivers seat into the gunner seat and this can be a great and fast one man killing machine, i like the pac fav the best. its faster, can handle better and i like the machine gun on it more, seems to be a little more accurate and also seems to kill people faster, one time i had a 17 kill streak and 28 total kills in a round with just the FAV alone w/o using c4 demo packs. (anyway if i used c4 it would show up that i killed them with c4 not the FAV)

the engi way is also great, the pilum was my favorite unlock so far, it made the engineer kit worth playing. 1 shot to the back of any tank or to the vents on the botttom side of both types of walkers will deliver you a kill.

the other is just running people over, when i actually tried doing this for a round to get my crew service ribbon(ior:10 roadkills) i got 14 total and 2 road hazard pins. it was actually quite fun just running peole over

biggest weakness: has no armor!

also has no windsheild so if your just sitting there in the gunners seat or afk the can shoot inside the car, kill you and steal the vehicle from you. (you would think that they still have bullet proof glass in the future)

tips: when driving use the 3rd person view, it seems to work a lot better for most people, i love driving from the inside view but its not thats great for the game play and makes it so you cant see much. plus if your in 3rd person you can spot someone trying to sneak up on you if your stopped

try not to run into anything, if your hitting the boost even running into a guard rail that looks like you can bend it will take about 40hp of your cars health

IF THE REAR END OF THE FAV IS ON FIRE GET OUT!!! dont just wait to die, if its onfire that means its going to expload and kill you unless by some miracle
              a very nice engi happens to get to it in time and repair it before it exploads.

IF THE CAR ROLLS OVER ON ITS TOP, GET OUT!, ITS GOING TO EXPLOAD!

DO NOT RUN INTO YOUR TEAM MATES! you will team damage or even teamkill them. EVEN IN FF=OFF SERVERS! if you run into someone fast enough it will still hurt them.

IF YOU SEE MOTION MINES YOU BETTER BE GOING FAST AND HIT THE BOOST ORTHERWISE BAIL BEFORE YOU GET TO THEM! do not try to drive fast to get away from them unless you are going extremely fast a a descent straight away to maintain the speed to outrun the motion mines. the mines will follow you but if you can go faster than they can you can out run them

watch out for the emp beacons or whatever they are. if you see them theres probably motion mines hidden soon after.

engi has a tool to remove and collect motion mines, including motion mine bait which is very cool

the brake is back

thats about all i can think of right now

Comment

I don't like how sluggish it is.

Comment

I love tear a$sing around the battlefield in them on maps like Verdun and Belgrade. Sometimes it's like something out of a movie... Tanks trying to blow you away, Gunships trying to blow you away, Engi's trying to blow you away...

But your little FAV gets the job done and gets you through the carnage in one piece...

Good stuff, man.

Comment

lots of fun as a two man support and engineer squad while playing in a internet cafe and the engineer tailgunner is sitting next to you. Doing it Mad Max-style is only good on maps with lots of open ground and terrain features to hide and ambush from.

Comment

Also the ultimate FAV:

A medic driver
                      A support gunner
                      An engineer in the 3'rd seat

The engy can repair the FAV while driving (and shoot at vehicles with Pilum), the support guy gives ammo to everyone (and takes out infantry), and the medic automatically heals the other two guys in case they get injured... Unstoppable At least almost.

If I need to travel somewhere on one of the larger conquestmaps or a titan map, I always grab an FAV. I somehow manage to get more kills & points than if I'd been using a tank/walker/APC. Only the gunship is better

Comment

IMO, FAVs seem to be a lot more fun on Suez Cannal. You got tons of room and cover from fire. Zip down the cannals. Go around back to bases.

Good times.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09
                          I don't like how sluggish it is.
                          When you have a straight away and hit boost, it can outrun anything, including a gunship.
                          But like someone else said, it doesn't handle well. It seems to be over sensitive in turning. I find myself correcting a few times before it straightens out again.

Comment

Nothing makes grown men scream like little girls than a jeep roadkill. Gotta love that.

Comment

WROOOOOOM!!

Comment

Working...
                              X