A couple of questions for a newbie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions for a newbie...

Ok...this is my first post here, so take it easy on me. I have a couple of questions. First, I was playing Suez in Titan mode today and landed a transport on the deck of the enemy titan. So far so good, then I noticed that the enemy started using the jettison POD's (sorry if thats not the correct terminology) to land on top of the transport and the transport would explode instantly! Even if the transport had 100% health, the POD would still destroy it instantly. It would not kill the enemy in the POD either. I did this several times and they destroyed it several times. How is this accomplished? Is it simply a matter of landing anywhere on top of the transport or do you have to hit it in some specific spot? Second, and this is probably gonna generate some laughs, HOW do you use the POD to jettison FROM the titan to the ground or from the titan to the roof of the titan? what key or keys do you press?Sorry if this is redundant, I would just like to know. Thanks in advance!
    Nick
    (Retrospector)

the pods kill it instantly no matter where u park it and the person in the pod doesn't die as the pod protects him. to answer the second question

1. spawn in titan
    2. go to one of the sides of the titan in the landing deck
    3. press "e" to enter
    4. you are in there
    5. you have a 180 view look towards the sky in the direction u ant to go.
    6. use the fire butting te u use to shoot
    7. now u are flying

u can kill/injure any infantry or armor. the pod has limited range

Comment

You can also pod ontop of half health tanks and transportes to kill them.

BTW aim for the nose of the transport and you willd estroy it and usually survive. Aim for the middle and you generally get blown up as well.

If you land on a person using the pod you KILL him instantly i.e. no revive.

If you think that a pod has to have sufficient build to ensure the person inside survives a 50-100mph impact onto solid surfaces you get to relaise they must be pretty damn tough lol.

When you are practised enough try poding from your titan onto gunships hovering around blowing up your titan guns. REALLY Satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
        When you are practised enough try poding from your titan onto gunships hovering around blowing up your titan guns. REALLY Satisfying.
        I love doing that.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies! Good to know that there are people out there who will offer genuine help where it is needed! I will try the POD launch from the titan and let you know if I figured it out or not. Does it matter WHERE on the titan deck you stand before hitting the E key? When you say "go to one of the sides of the titan", is there a specific place or side? What am I looking for to ENTER? Thanks again....
          Nick

Comment

both sides of the titan and you have to be at the side before pressing "e" it is on the titan deck near the titan gun on the side

Comment

Originally posted by Retrospector
              Thanks for all of the replies! Good to know that there are people out there who will offer genuine help where it is needed! I will try the POD launch from the titan and let you know if I figured it out or not. Does it matter WHERE on the titan deck you stand before hitting the E key? When you say "go to one of the sides of the titan", is there a specific place or side? What am I looking for to ENTER? Thanks again....
              Nick
              Here i made you a clip showing you where. Their is 3 doors on the opposite side also.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzVm9GD0NxI :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by « R²» P§I
                Here i made you a clip showing you where. Their is 3 doors on the opposite side also.
                Now hes a hero. taking the time out to help in that way. Gold star...

Comment

I commented :P

Comment

Originally posted by « R²» P§I
                    Kudos PSI, that is awesome help. I wish more people were like this. Although, this forum has a lot of people who will go out of their way to help a teammate.

Comment

Hey retrospector

Don't be fooled into thinking that because there are three pod doors, that three people can be in there at a time. It's only got room for one, and every now and again some asshat will just spend the whole round in the pods, rendering them unusable :P

Comment

AH HA! I feel like such an idiot! (laughing) Of all the times I was on the deck, I failed to notice the PICTURE of the POD with the arrow! I am such a moron! EA should put a lighted neon sign on deck that says "Jettison POD this way stupid" for me....right next to the "no food or drinks allowed on Titan" sign! (laughing):laugh: Thanks for the video clip! Okay...so I'm a true newbie! I also noticed that some players are able to practicaly travel sideways across large distances in the PODs...I tried steering left and right, but could not manage to travel that far. Am I overlooking the obvious again?

Comment

Originally posted by Retrospector
                          I also noticed that some players are able to practicaly travel sideways across large distances in the PODs...I tried steering left and right, but could not manage to travel that far. Am I overlooking the obvious again?
                          That is called "podsurfing" and is an exploit IMO. It is not recommended on most servers, and because most consider it an exploit they will not tell you how to do it on these forums. Not bashing you by any means, just letting you know

Comment

And some servers will kick and ban for repeated use

Comment

That's realy nice of you man!

Comment

Working...
                              X