Titan Gun Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan Gun Tips

As someone who started on conquest mode and was getting owned quite badly, I found that Titan is easier to start with as a newbie (and be productive).

I have been playing on Titan servers alot lately and admittedly, I've been using Titan Guns a lot, I want to pass on some information to other game newbies that at least will make your team mates less likely to TK you for "not helping". This may seem obvious to most but wasn't to me when I started so here goes:

1. Spot all your armor targets before you start shooting. This let's your team mates know what is coming towards their position and helps them survive the coming firefight near the silo. If you don't know how to spot enemies learn how ASAP. I've heard lots of "thanks" comments from ground pounders after doing this! It helps your team.

2. Spot all of the enemy air vehicles as soon as you can. I have seen that this greatly helps your team's pilots and believe that this tactic alone helps them survive longer on the battlefield. I've noticed my win loss ratio go up since I started spotting both armor and air targets. I'd like to think that this had something to do with that.

3. Some gunship pilots stupidly think that they are invulnerable if they stay below the Titan Anti-Air guns. I can't tell you how many times I've seen enemy gunship's after they take out our gunship come over to our titan for the titan gun destruction pin. Hovering thinking that the ground cannons will only hit ground targets! This (again wasn't obvious for me at first) tactic will help you get more kills, and also will help you frustrate the enemy gunship and transport pilots. It at least will teach the pilots who think they have nothing to fear a lesson. You do have to lead them and it isn't an easy shot, but with practice will cause quite a bit of frustration for enemy pilots. Also as with any gun be aware of what is below the gunship when you do this! The last thing you want to do is miss the gunship and hit your teammates below!

4. Use the function keys to switch seats in the titan guns. Know which seat to switch to if a target leaves your field of fire this will help you get more kills. If the seat you are trying to switch to is occupied, you have already spotted the enemy target which will help the other Titan Gunner!

5. Do not be afraid to help out on the ground at times. Spray a silo and the surrounding area from the titan gun jump out and pod down to the silo and get capture points. This advice is something that I need to start doing more often, however when I have done it I've usually had some of my highest point rounds and using the SMG gun down there for close targets is more effective than you think!

6. If the guys on the ground are engaging enemies give them covering fire, but do NOT just spray over them if you are in a FF OFF server. This makes it impossible for your teammates to see the other enemies on foot due to all the dust raised. If you see additional armor/air targets coming to the silo spot them and target them. If you notice long range foot targets (snipers, baur users etc). Feel free to hit them, just don't rain shells on the silo and or your teammates. If the enemy kills your team mates at the silo then by all means scorch the earth!

7. If you play on FF ON Titan Servers you need to be cautious of when and where you shoot. Pay careful attention to your minimap and realize that there is often a delay as to when someone shows up on the minimap. Neutral silos your teammates can not spawn upon and so you have less of a chance of shooting and having teammates appear under the shells. Spotting enemies is much more important on these servers.

Final Note: Thanks to all I've had a chance to play with, I am getting better and am actually really enjoying my return to FPS games! The rust has slowly been getting knocked off and I now feel like I am actually contributing to help my team! :yay:

Good luck on the battlefield and I hope this helps some other newbies start to gain confidence (and then start actually engaging on the gound more). To all you veterans out there remember us newbies can become productive members of your team with a little help and guidance, when they do something good make sure to say "thanks" to encourage them to continue doing it!

these are some really good tips for people who ehem suck at titan mode and for all other players.

Comment

dtneter, I never said I was good! I just said that I'm having fun!

Comment

sorry i didnt meant it bad or anything but you posted a tip like spot vehicles before shooting them i find that really helpfull and it even helped my team winning from the attackers

Comment

Originally posted by dtneter
          sorry i didnt meant it bad or anything but you posted a tip like spot vehicles before shooting them i find that really helpfull and it even helped my team winning from the attackers
          Before you knock him for stating the obvious, think about how many players don't do things like spot enemy vehicles, snipers, etc.

I thought this was well written. Yes, a lot of it is common sense to those of us with too many hours in game, but to someone who is just starting out they can be a big help.

Comment

Full time titan spammers are useless IMHO. Get on the ground and actually HELP. The only player who should be spamming full time should be the commander. If you're not him, and you happen to die and spawn on the titan, spam a silo that you KNOW has enemies trying to take it, and that you KNOW you can hit without hitting friendlies. Otherwise, get off the titan and actually play the game.

I cannot count the times that I have been spammed by team mates when trying to hold and take silos, even when there are no enemies in sight. Even the admins often fail to realize that you don't lose points for team killing friendlies with the titan guns.

An example of when I use titan spam happened just last night. On Verdun, I was guarding silo 5, when 2 tanks and a transport showed up. A total of about 5 guys capped the silo well faster than I could respawn there. I spawned on the titan (which was very close to 5 at that point) and spammed a few salvos. I killed 3 guys including a tank, then podded down and finished off the other tank. The spam had driven off the walker. While I was trying to take the silo back, one of my moron team mates team killed me and one of my squad mates by spamming the silo. Even tho we had greyed it out quickly and no enemies were around.

In case you can't tell, I do not look favorably upon those who waste a spot on my team by sitting in titan guns, killing maybe 10 ppl all game, and not really contributing anything except to annoy their teammates.

Comment

Working...
            X