This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better ranks

How do you get Major and Lieutenant General?

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it.

They should make Major or another rank for when you have all the awards. and while they're at it, add more ranks or higher requirments. Brig general was waaaay to easy to get.
    I've seen people get in it like 30-50 hours, including myself.

EDIT 2:130-150 hours.

Yummeh hacks den luluuul

Comment

No you dont have to stat pad to reach the higher ranks i made it to leutenent GEneral by just playing a whole lot. and i dont stat pad :yay:

Comment

I was one of the first batch of leuteant generals although after 6 months rest i lost it lol. At the time all the LT's had one thing in common. Badges.... We all had the 4 kit golds. Now who knows.

Yummeh doesnt pad or hack. Once your a LT you stay one unless your game play rate per week decreases significantly. He maintains his so it doesnt matter if you get more points than him, more hours than him, better kill rate, points per minutes etc. He will only lose it if he stops playing the same rate he does at the moment.

Comment

30-50 hours? Pff dunno about that:hmm:. Lets do some math 57700pts/50hrs=1154pph /60=19.23 career score per min. About 32 per min with 30 hours. If thats even possible, a person would really have to love the APC. And yes I realize awards, but the high point ones take more playing time than 50 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog
            30-50 hours? Pff dunno about that:hmm:. Lets do some math 57700pts/50hrs=1154pph /60=19.23 career score per min. About 32 per min with 30 hours. If thats even possible, a person would really have to love the APC. And yes I realize awards, but the high point ones take more playing time than 50 hours.
            nerd.

Comment

by the way you only have the rank for a week. that why they call them decay ranks for major gen you need 2000+ for L. gen you need 3000+ and supreme com you need to earn the most points in a week out of every player that is B gen basically if you earn enough points you have to be 1 of the lucky ones to earn the decay ranks and that is how it goes o ya 50 earn m gen pw 25 earn l gen pw an 1 earn sup com per week and you can only earn them if you earn the points playing as infantry not in a APC or any other veichle

Comment

Originally posted by rbevan59
                nerd.
                Might be considered one in Mississippi, but over here we actually get some good edumacation. (before I get flamed that is a joke)

Comment

Yeah, you aren't gonna get to Brig in 30-50 hours without padding significantly. I dont need math to figure that out...I'm one of the highest ranked in the world in SPM, all legit gameplay, almost all infantry play (no commander, very rare use of vehicles) and it's still gonna take me about 160 hours to reach Brig. I am Field Commissar Gold now, at 141 hours, playing fair (just not religiously, like some).

Show me some stat pages of people who have reached brig with their first soldier in less than 160 hours, as I'd be curious to see the stats that got them there...

Some people may reach that rank much faster with their second or third soldiers. I'm still using my first one, meaning my stat averages (K/D, SPM, accuracy, etc) go up with every round, rather than staying flat, which is cool to monitor. I still remember last november when I was rocking the SPM under 2, and a K/D ratio less than 1.25. :cry:

Comment

Might be considered one in Mississippi, but over here we actually get some good edumacation. (before I get flamed that is a joke)
                    Education. DORK!

We are talking career points guys. You get tons of points from pins, metals, badges, and ribbons. Hmm. 50 hours might not be possible, but I sure did brig general quick. I know I got it before my 150 hour mark FOR SURE.

And the person above me, gtfo. My SPM is higher than yours. It went down significantly the last month because I was just fooling around. It was over 3.10 at one point.

Comment

All you "my SPM is better than yours so shut up" people please just get out now.

Comment

Originally posted by pilvlp
                        Education. DORK!

We are talking career points guys. You get tons of points from pins, metals, badges, and ribbons. Hmm. 50 hours might not be possible, but I sure did brig general quick. I know I got it before my 150 hour mark FOR SURE.

And the person above me, gtfo. My SPM is higher than yours. It went down significantly the last month because I was just fooling around. It was over 3.10 at one point.
                        and your point is?

there are 1600 other people with SPMs higher than mine as well, I never said that was not the case. If you are one of those few, congratulations...you've just proved my point for me. Reaching BG before 150 hours is extremely difficult without padding...there are only ~1500 or so who did it, and another ~400,000 who did not. I'd say reaching it in that timeframe certainly puts you in an elite group, since only 3 people out of every 1000 are able to do so.

But FYI, you do not get any career points for "metals" (or medals). And let's be honest here, looking at your graph, your SPM has not been over 3.10 since last november...the first month the game was out. You haven't been "screwing around" for the past 10 months.

All you "my SPM is better than yours so shut up" people please just get out now.
                        um...no. Considering the OP posted a statement as ridiculous as "you can reach brig in 30 hours" begs for the clarification Pilvip and I provided...and the OP has since edited his post to correct that typo as a result of the conversation going the way it did.

If Pilvip and I are two of the highest-scoring players in the game and it took us ~150 hours to get there, we are more than qualified to come in here referencing scores as proof that the original post contains a gross untruth.

Comment

All I'm trying to say is can we get back onto the topic of extended ranks rather than whipping out the e-peens?

Comment

Oh yea, that would actually be spectacular. I have been thinking this since the day the game came out, and I looked at that 57,700 point requirement for the top rank and chuckled. I quit playing BF2 when the gap between my next rank up became 25,000 points (from First Sergeant to whatever was above that). I HAD 25,000 at the time, and needed that amount all over again to rank up ONCE. It took me 240 hours to get to that, and I wasnt even CLOSE to Colonel.

I'm actually surprised DICE hasn't added new ranks yet the way they did 6 months into BF2...maybe its because they didn't leave any room for additional ranks...where do they go above General? President? God? what's left?

Comment

Nah it's way past the point for them to do anything. They can't really add any more ranks, and they can't just take rank and unlocks away from people. But I don't have a problem with the way it is now as Bf2 was just ridiculous in terms of how much time it took to rank up. I don't personally mind the ranks as they are now, as it allows casual players to actually move up pretty far on the tree.

Comment

Working...
                              X