BF2142 Splash Screen crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 Splash Screen crash

I've seen several posts on the problem of BF2142 crashing after the splash screen. I just recently started getting the error after upgrading from a ATI x550 to an EVGA 8800 GTS. I run vista 32 bit and it ran fine before the video card change. I tried uninstalling, profile changing and deleting, resolotion changes, refresh changes, hotfixes. I'm running extremely low on ideas if anyone has an idea to toss in for me to try. Since the ONLY change I made was the video card i'm guessing that 2142 is having an issue with that card atm? the 8800 GTX I heard runs fine. btw yes i have 32A 12v rail for the card. Every other game I have i can still play besides the ONE game I got the card for...:cry: Any clues from anyone?

Specs?

Ram?

CPU?

Comment

This problem is not related to your graphics card, it has happened to both users of ATI and nVidia cards of different kinds. I also had this a while ago (with a nVidia 7500 LE card), and I fixed it by repatching. A reinstall could possibly work, as well as a delete of the BF2142 folder in My documents.

There's a couple of other threads explaining other techniques to correct this error, try to search the forum.

Comment

Working...
      X