Commander sayings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander sayings

Does anyone know all the commander sayings? Like how at 30/60 tickets left he says "This is it, we're the last ones left" and when you sto p the ticket bleed, he goes "Situation under control, well done.

There are a lot of them, including a bunch that never made it into the game. Go to your Program Files/Electronic Arts/Battlefield 2142/mods/bf2142/Localiztion folder and open the strings file. You can view it with either Excel or notepad. In there it lists all the auto messages, as well as the ones that soldiers say and when they are said.

Comment

Hm......there's lots I would find useful.....incoming grenade (so if my squad member sees a grenade being chucked at us while I'm looking the other way I'll know), reloading (because I've seen whole squads get slaughtered when they all reloaded at once :laugh, destroyed beacon.......all useful.

And then some are just wierd, like "fox one!", wth was that suppose to be?

You know what I'd like to see? When a smoke grenade is thrown, you hear "smoking!', why not the same with EMP grenades? I mean, they mess your vision up the same, if not more then smoke does.

Comment

to answer your question 'Fox One' is the term used by military jet pilots and is used when they fire a rocket/missile

'And then some are just weird, like "fox one!", wth was that suppose to be?'

Comment

Ah, no wonder it didn't make it into the game then......don't need to tell anyone you're shooting missles........just do it.

Comment

The guy says fox one when he's firing the emp missiles from stationary aa. I think that might be it.

Comment

Why cant they fix the bug where you hear "Warning, console destroyed in corridor one" when you blow the enemies console no 4. Or is it just me?

Comment

A couple I would have liked to see make it into the game is when the rdx detonator is selected, "Fire in the hole!." Also, for when you are medic or support and have already dropped a pack and are waiting for a new one when the other guy is screaming at you, "Hold tight. My supply's out." and "Hang tight. I'm out of meds."

For spotting, they have these in the strings file but they aren't in the game. "Stay low! Enemy Gun drone spotted." "Enemy mines!" and for when you see that UAV "Watch out! Enemy Recon drone spotted." Those would be really helpful.

Comment

"Fox One!" is yelled whenever you fire an AA EMP Rocket or a SAAW. I was testing the new SAAW back when the SAAW Buff Patch came out in Single Player, and I heard this.

Your guy also yells "Missile Away!" or "Missile Fired!" whenever you fire a gunship rocket. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens sometimes (single player only). Its really annoying, cause after you fire ten gunship missiles you can't use any of the Commo Rose things for 1 minute (Shut up and Ditch this channel!)

Comment

yes yes in single player i hear those things all the time but this is a helpfull one.
                    when you select the detonator of the c4 you will hear the word Detonating or the commander can even say mine this position.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
                      Why cant they fix the bug where you hear "Warning, console destroyed in corridor one" when you blow the enemies console no 4. Or is it just me?
                      Never heard of that.

Comment

Yeah I got "missile fired!" in a gunship, and "Fox one, fox one!" in a mech AA before, both in singleplayer.

Comment

It's like the "Enemy wheelbarrow spotted!" from BF2! (Sir's sandbox)

Comment

Originally posted by sol1d sn@ke
                            Never heard of that.

There ya go. You can see clearly our no 1 console is intact but just at that point we blew the enemies no 4 consoles. Happens most days for me.

(Message text top left corner.

Comment

Hm.......guess nobody on the server's I'm on know's how to do that. Or they just want to go for the bottom console right in front of them then RDX through a wall.

Comment

Working...
                              X