Coming back question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back question.

Well I think I will reinstall the game and start playing again. Any problems that I should be aware of, I haven't played the game in like 4 months.

Also is it not good to go prone in this game with the support kit like in BF2?

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
    Well I think I will reinstall the game and start playing again. Any problems that I should be aware of, I haven't played the game in like 4 months.

Also is it not good to go prone in this game with the support kit like in BF2?
    Theres a bug where when you first open the game and try to connect to a server, the first attempt will fail, but after that it'll connect fine. So if you see that, don't worry. Just click join again.

Also, going prone with support is advisable if you're using a MG, and not on the move.

Comment

Instaprone=bad; proning gives you better accuracy than crouch with most guns, and the cone of fire will be bigger for a few seconds before settling back.

Comment

FF= ON solves quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadjesus
          Theres a bug where when you first open the game and try to connect to a server, the first attempt will fail, but after that it'll connect fine. So if you see that, don't worry. Just click join again.
          Yep that will p**s you off quite a bit there so be careful

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
            Instaprone=bad; proning gives you better accuracy than crouch with most guns, and the cone of fire will be bigger for a few seconds before settling back.
            Wait I always thought prone and crouch were exactly the same accuracy-wise. At least that's what I heard once.

Also proning scatters you're accuracy before bringing it back a second or two later.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadjesus
              Am I the only person in the world who doesn't suffer from this bug?

Also, instaproning ala BF2 will bugger you up. However if you prone in anticipation of an encounter after around 2 secs your cone of fire will be tighter than standing or crouched and actually gets tighter under sustained fire. This works well with both LMGs and the HMG, wouldn't advise doing it with the Clark! :laugh:

Comment

Oh an obvious one.
                There is a server setting so admins can choose whether the titans move or not. Certain servers have non moveable titans so its very much a capture the silo contest throughout the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
                  Oh an obvious one.
                  There is a server setting so admins can choose whether the titans move or not. Certain servers have non moveable titans so its very much a capture the silo contest throughout the game.
                  Man I hate that.....there's no point to titan if you can't move them......I know there's lag, but still, might as well play conquest.

Comment

Titans that dont move are better, makes the game more fun, less lag, plus you have to use APC's/Transports to board and thats better

Comment

To each their own I guess, but I find titan movement nessecary for me to enjoy titan mode, being in a server with a good CO that moved the titan in easy poding range of 3 out of the 5 silos........that's a godsend, and I make sure to always do that when I'm commander (of course, while also making sure I'm not in the path of the missles).

I just don't find anyone commanding when titan movement is off, meaning I can either command every round myself, which is a drag, or I can go without a CO, which usually means I lose.

Comment

i know what you mean, it think one of the main reasons i also prefer static is due to my comp being sh!t lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel
                          i know what you mean, it think one of the main reasons i also prefer static is due to my comp being sh!t lol
                          Yeah I know how that is, I just don't go into the console area while the titan is still moving.

And, if I'm commanding anyway, I make sure not to put the titans anywhere near each other.

Comment

Well to tell you the truth guys I love the titans being close to each other. Its the only way i get to get 60-120 points each game. The intense titan defense or titan attack firefights you get from being able to pod from one to the other is amazing.

Also it shortens the game because you can pod to most silos from the titans if they are placed right. No long winded travelling about in favs and apcs.

Comment

Working...
                            X