2142 screen resolution problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2142 screen resolution problem

been ATI use for some time and since it was a long time since i upgraded i got me an Nvidia 8600 card, then all hell broke loose. most of my games started to fail but i slowly fixed them, now only 2142 is left, it wouldn't start. the old crash to desktop right away with no error thing, so i thought it might be resolution and the i saw in the video.con it said 1280x1024@75 because thats my monitor size so i deleted and right away it started. i had to re set my graphics, keys etc and then to my surprise the damn thing wont go higher than 1024x768 now! is it the video card setting or the card itself. all help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Originally posted by dr.zyklon
    been ATI use for some time and since it was a long time since i upgraded i got me an Nvidia 8600 card, then all hell broke loose. most of my games started to fail but i slowly fixed them, now only 2142 is left, it wouldn't start. the old crash to desktop right away with no error thing, so i thought it might be resolution and the i saw in the video.con it said 1280x1024@75 because thats my monitor size so i deleted and right away it started. i had to re set my graphics, keys etc and then to my surprise the damn thing wont go higher than 1024x768 now! is it the video card setting or the card itself. all help is greatly appreciated. thanks
    Copy/paste this into your shortcut target AFTER the BF2142.exe or BF2142Launcher.exe (it's different depending on if you installed via EA's downloader or the disk), and include a space first:

+menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

^The space is there for a reason, be sure to include it!

Then delete the BF2142 folder in your MyDocuments folder (your cache) and restart. You'll have to "optimize shaders" again (which goes fastest if you've defragged recently) and redefine all your keyboard settings and favorites.

Also, please use the search function or even Google if you have any further questions for a quicker answer next time. Just FYI.

Cheers and GLHF

Comment

clear your 2142 cache files after installing a new graphics card or updating drivers

Comment

thanks, that seems to have done it for now, i just couldn't go higher than 1024 res. now i gotta deal with the punkbuster Armageddon going on.

Comment

Working...
        X