Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Insert CD error. Anyone ever get past this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Insert CD error. Anyone ever get past this?

Since I began using Vista, I have had to abandon 2142. No matter what I do and even after all the suggestions on how to fix it, I still get the please insert the cd error. I am using Daemons tools, but trying to play with the real DVD in the drive does not work either.

Yes I have tried removing Daemons tools.
    Yes I have tried YASU.
    Yes I have tried compatibility mode.
    Yes I have an 8800GTS and 4GB running a C2D X6800.

Anyone?

Originally posted by parish
    Since I began using Vista, I have had to abandon 2142. No matter what I do and even after all the suggestions on how to fix it, I still get the please insert the cd error. I am using Daemons tools, but trying to play with the real DVD in the drive does not work either.

Yes I have tried removing Daemons tools.
    Yes I have tried YASU.
    Yes I have tried compatibility mode.
    Yes I have an 8800GTS and 4GB running a C2D X6800.

Anyone?
    64bit Vista?

(I'm sorry, i have no idea.

Comment

32 Bit Ultimate for free from work, so I could not turn it down. I am running a dual boot with XP and have been playing it on XP. I now have some other games (Lost Planet and Bioshock) that I am playing in DX10 under Vista and would like to be able to play my 2142 in it as well.

Comment

Compatibility mode will actually cause this

Comment

I tried starting it both ways. I am @ work and cannot remember what error I got but I got a different error both ways. I read something today that said to turn off SafeDisc emulation in Daemons, and I will try that when I get home.

It's funny, but the only thing keeping me on WinXP is this issue.

Comment

This exact error is keeping me off XP, i have a support ticket right now. I haved used daemon since i got the game, no issues there.

Comment

Working...
            X