Bad night of gaming, or why I'm getting frustrated with this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad night of gaming, or why I'm getting frustrated with this game

Yaya I know you don't care about my crappy night of gaming. If you don't want to listen to me whine stop reading now. But if you have shared a similar experience, read on, as you may find some solstice in my suffering. Misery loves company after all.

So about 9pm last night, I hopped online, looking forward to a fine night of gaming. No fewer than 5 of my clan mates were online, and in a server, but it was full so I had to wait. Took almost 5 mins for a spot to open up (a long time when you're staring at the multi-player screen listening to your buds have fun) Finally one of my sharp eyed team mates notices a spot open up. So I hop in.... only to get immediately disconnected, just like I do every time I try to join a server the first time I run the game. I immediately try to rejoin, and yep you guessed it, full again. So I wait and wait and waaait, and finally get back in. Just in time to see my titan go up. Insta-loss.... So the next round, I actually have a decent game. It's fairly close, but we win and I had a positive KDR (my definition of a decent game anyway ) Next map, the server is vacated. Goes from 14 on 14 to 7 on 4. So we change servers. After a few false starts in servers that were FF off (why don't the filters work anywhere but on the advanced screen?) We finally find one that is ff on, and with just barely enough room to fit us all in. When I load up, I go to configure my kit and of course, no unlocks. I'm a 100% pilum whore so this is unacceptable. I disconnect, and reconnect, and once again the server is full...... Another 7-8 mins of staring at the multi-player screen later I finally make it back in. Once in the server, I start to own it up. I went 20-1 in just a few mins of play whoring a tank. I'm just pulling in behind a Tiger, about to lay the pwn, when my game freezes. Only happened a few times before, but when it does, I have to reset my machine. So I reset, load vent/fraps/2142 and once again the server is full. Christ. Fortunately the wait was only a few mins this time, and I'm back in the server. When I go to spawn, I swear to god, no unlocks again. So I say "f*ck it" and play anyway. Even with my absence I'm still near the top of the leader board because of my earlier performance. The game is almost over, and we're close to losing, so my clan guys squad up, and go balls out titan O. Their defensed up pretty good, but after swiping a kit I turn into the res king, and after a 5 man chain res down hallway 1, we break their D. We rape console one, charge down console 3 and rape it. I grab a recon kit, and it looks like a race between us and the guys who just broke into the core on our titan, I think we can win that race, because even tho they have more hull, we have 2 recons with RDX, a support and a medic pouring into their core when suddenly

"THEIR IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CONNECTION"

Just killed my will to play the game. 2 hours last night, and I only managed to play 1 full round. I know all of that is not the fault of EA/Dice, but it's hard sometimes to maintain an interest in a game, when you have to work so hard past the bugs, just to get to play. Not a night goes by, that I can't spawn on the titan, or spawn in default medic at a random spawn point upon joining a server, or that I join and have no unlocks available, and every single time I go to join a server upon first loading the game I fail to connect. I really like this game, but it's almost getting to be more trouble than it's worth.

Just imagine how frustrated those of us that have been through BF2 and its' crap on top of this feel.

Comment

^

but i have to say right now imo 2142 is worse, bf2 had problems but 2142 is ridiculous, punkbuster is ******** up every other game

Comment

2142 is crazily bugged one time i logged on and it dissconnect me from a server with the message 'make sure you have a pc'

more bugs than an ant hill

Comment

^

Xd!

Comment

I have to say that I'm inclined to agree with you, I've been losing interest in this game steadily over the last month, and now I'm aching for a new game so I can devote my free hours to that instead

Roll on Frontlines:FoW (hopefully it doesn't suffer the same fate as quake wars did )

Comment

The only i thing i like about 2142 is the sexy little "2" next to my name.

Teehee xD

Comment

Hmmm... I'm playing the ET:QW demo and it is better than I expected. Maybe it's not for you, but that's what I'm going to be doing.

(I'm playing as [ASW]SonicPixel...)

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel
                  Hmmm... I'm playing the ET:QW demo and it is better than I expected. Maybe it's not for you, but that's what I'm going to be doing.

(I'm playing as [ASW]SonicPixel...)

I tried it out last night too... not a bad game at all... still a bit laggy even though it's only 16 vs 16 (my ping was in the 30 range). The HUD is a little too busy for my taste but I can get used to it. The thing that kind of bug me about it is that there is no 'snap' to any movement in the game; running, jumping, switching weapon, aiming, driving vehicles, etc... they all have a slight sluggish feel to them... but this too... I can get used to. It's definitely not a replacement for 2142 for me but I will surely spend some time with it.

Comment

*Runs Steam and pre-orders the Orange Box*

I don't think you'll see me in BF for a long time...

Comment

oh SNAP!!!... I didnt even notice they finally released the public beta!

(*downloads*)

Thanks internet Homies...

And may I say a BIG thankyou to Cox cable and MyIS... MYGOD!!!

Comment

karma is a bytch aint it? stop kissing arses...also have you rclan make reserved slots so you dont have to wait.

Comment

Yeah I had one of those nights last night, and its really beginning to get on my nerves. Between that and the fact I am now at BG and the lure of ranking up and gloating to my friends is gone, I think it's def gonna be time to move on soon. I will give ETQW a chance, but I am salivating waiting for TF2, and also I have every confidence that Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare is going to be absurdly fun and worth putting a lot of time into.

Comment

Originally posted by PHATHEAD009
                            Yeah I had one of those nights last night, and its really beginning to get on my nerves. Between that and the fact I am now at BG and the lure of ranking up and gloating to my friends is gone, I think it's def gonna be time to move on soon. I will give ETQW a chance, but I am salivating waiting for TF2, and also I have every confidence that Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare is going to be absurdly fun and worth putting a lot of time into.
                            I'm pre-loading TF2 right now. As for ET:QW I got bored of it when I was playing the beta.

And yeah, CoD4 is going to be great! (I hope)

Comment

Well, I can tell you one bright spot in your story.

If you didn't spawn that first round the loss doesn't count.

Originally posted by hatebreed View Post
                              one time i logged on and it dissconnected me from a server with the message 'make sure you have a pc'
                              LMFAO!

I would put that in my sig if I had room!

EDIT: In fact I will.

Comment

Working...
                              X