No name glitch/hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sys.Op. View Post
    LOL naaw ill stick to Opera, i was having issues logging into EA support with Opera and FF, so i had to use, blah IE.

Comment

Originally posted by « R²» P§I
      ok to clarify this, this was our server...See my username, that is our tags that cause this problem.

For some reason the person cant see when they are on the other team. Sometimes they can its weird. I don't understand why sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't.
      But it is a small concern to EA so they wont both fixing it, from my support ticket.

Here is my support ticket to EA about the matter:

So we are in the mist to discussing on to change it to regular characters, since it is seeming to be more of a problem.

Not from this, we still can get kicked and banned, BUT their is a type of hack/cheat that makes your name blank in bf2142CC. Our clan tags do not do that.

This is not it.
      Thanks for the clarification. Glad to know it was not a intentional glitch/hack.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
        Thanks for the clarification. Glad to know it was not a intentional glitch/hack.

np bud, we have got that alot recently. Sometimes it is fine and sometimes it isn't. I think most have reverted back the plain <<R2>>. Not our original tags, but its causing more of a problem then anything.

Comment

Marvelous super great outstanding

(translates as)

pathetic stupid moronic idiot

Comment

exactly. Just take a portion of the post and google it. Bound to find where it comes from. Can an admin delete the post before we have a rush of teenies trying no name hacks?

Fess up your a hacker aren't you. Which hack community supplied you with those instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
              exactly. Just take a portion of the post and google it. Bound to find where it comes from. Can an admin delete the post before we have a rush of teenies trying no name hacks?

Fess up your a hacker aren't you. Which hack community supplied you with those instructions?
              Thats why i made that most, you cant google it, meaning that it is in a private section somewhere.:nod:

I agree that manual does need to be deleted.....

Comment

Honestly, PSI, I think you guys should change your tags ASAP.

I start a kick vote on anyone I see without a name because I've been on servers with hackers on them and that was the way to ID them. They were causing all kinds of calamity and the server emptied and died. No admin wants that to happen...

Do yourselves a favor and comply with EAs conventions on clan tags and there will be no problem.

Comment

Yeah. Better to play it safe than have your name accidentally disappear and get accused of hacking.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel
                    Honestly, PSI, I think you guys should change your tags ASAP.

I start a kick vote on anyone I see without a name because I've been on servers with hackers on them and that was the way to ID them. They were causing all kinds of calamity and the server emptied and died. No admin wants that to happen...

Do yourselves a favor and comply with EAs conventions on clan tags and there will be no problem.

See the thing is EA doesn't see it as a problem,glitch,etc, as the ticket says in the SS. But since it cause so much of a problem most have changed it. Except for me, I am stubborn, We had our tags in 1942,BFV, and they finally made it available in BF2. But 2142 just don't like the « » for some reason.

I have also seen regular stuff like { = in a tag and it will appear blank also. So its some kind of combination of something. Those are just regular characters too.

Comment

I am another <<R2>>. I personally had this problem and am very disappointed I had to change back to the old tags to avoid bans. It seems this was really not a problem until a month or so ago so I don't know what changed. Then all the sudden it started happening intermittently at first now it seems the disappearing name is unavoidable. Too bad EA seems to care very little about most things so I doubt we will see any action on a fix except maybe when 4142 comes out. So for now I have conformed to avoid problems. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Nice work.

Any good intentioned clan would immediately change their tags to avoid confusion and doubt. It seems to me this is what <<r2>> have done.

I do know that some members of a clan that had this particular issue were banned off Timeless servers at one point. It is now resolved without blame or stigma attached.

At the end of the day if the clan inq uestion is willing t change until EA resolve this then they are above reproach and genuine BF2142 characters and members of the community. The others that don't change can get the reputation they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                        X