not working help plz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not working help plz!

Hi umm I got my northern strike and dled it thro ea link and installed and the 1.25 patch and I go ingame and its as if I didn't install NS at all I mean I can't choose the unlocks and join the NS games, still says I need to purchase NS booster . . . can someone help me? be greatful if u guys can plz and thx!

Does your EA link username match your 2142 ingame name?

Comment

do you got a modified content error?

try looking in one of the stickies it contains alot of information about those errors.

Comment

yes it is the same ea account and no I it doesn't say mod blah blah blah its just as if my game isn't installed at all . . . its really aggroing me . . . (>.<)

Comment

Try re-installing the patch again.

Comment

Does your "BF2 Soldier name" match the bf2142 soldier you are using?

Comment

try reinstall game
              install 1.25 patch
              install ns
              reinstall 1.25 patch

obvioulsy install punkbuster and all that

Comment

id do a full uninstall and then reinstall

btw the bf soldier name doesnt need to match the account name as ns is purchased to your account thus covers all of your soldiers

Comment

It would seem that ever since EA link changed to EA store / EA download manager, any new NS installations aren't working. They install and patch just fine, but the game just keeps saying that you need to get NS from EA link when trying to play the booster pack content.

There are several threads at EA forums about the issue, but no real response from EA's tech support as of yet :/

Comment

I had the same problem, my fix was to
                    Uninstall EA link
                    Download and Install EA Link
                    Download and install NS
                    Patch to 1.25

Comment

Well, there is no EA Link anymore, it's only EA download manager :/

All my friends who have bought the NS before EA Link changed to that EA Store/EA Download Manager combo have NS working perfectly.

Another friend of mine bought NS today, and he has the exact same problem that I have, among others. It downloads and installs fine, patches nicely but the only indication in game that NS is installed is the option to search assault lines servers in multiplayer server search.

Comment

best way to get the game to work:

first go to the account management screen of the ea account you created to buy the game. Make sure one of your personas is your game's EA account. This can be done through the e-mail EA sent you after registration

then do the following:
                        uninstall battlefield 2142
                        reinstall it
                        patch to 1.20
                        install NS
                        patch to 1.25

that worked for me.

Comment

I've reinstalled BF2 twice now cleaning up the registry and jumped through all sorts of hoops in order to get NS working.

Other than that assault lines option in server search, BF2142 gives no indication of NS being installed, however, the map files are in the correct place and being patched when installing the 1.25 patch.

This issue unfortunately has nothing to do with the modified content errors some users have had, that is resolved simply by re-installing the 1.25 patch _after_ installing NS. I would be glad to get even that far. When I try to join a server with NS map, all I get is a popup message saying I need to get Northern Strike from EA link.

And just to clarify, the email login used to purchase the game from EA store is the one I originally registered my EA screen name with, and when logging in, it correctly lists the BF player name I have created in game under the personas selection page.

Well, there's a solution to the problem et EA forums now, you'll basically need to activate the game using a form found on the old EA Link page. A fact that is not mentioned on the confirmation mail I received from EA Store.

Comment

Working...
                          X