Colored names in the score board screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored names in the score board screen

I was under the impression that this was a hack. Assumeing that they had somekinda hackers softwear program with all the goods. The few times I've seen the colored names,(orange mostly, reds too) the player usualy didn't have crazy high stats.

So what is the deal with the colored names in the score boards ?

You can get those colors by just putting some code like in the localization files mod, you input the sames codes on a file that is on your documents and there you have it, its not a hack.

Comment

Ahhh - O.K. Thanks.

Comment

But if you try it be careful. Some servers will detect that as a hack (because game code was changed) and kick/ban you.

Comment

Not really, since you can do the same from in-game in the clan tag, but its faster from the file.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac331
            its not a hack.
            Not a hack, but I believe that EA will treat it like an exploit.

Comment

It's a requirement to have an orange name in order to be in the USA clan, i guess. Look at this.....

Someone likes attention.......

Comment

^^that usa clan have ****e k/d ratios

Comment

Its just ****ing sad to be honest. Dont bother with it.

Comment

And having an orange or multicolour name (whatever) will get you kicked and banned for repated offences off the Timeless servers.

Comment

The thing to look out for isn't the colored names, but when there are no names! :shock:

Every time I've seen this there's been 'strange' things happening on the server... that's the sign of someone using a some kind of third party software -- if you know what I mean.

Comment

I don't mind the coloured names so much (although them being fixed in 1.40 will be welcome), but I saw one guy who'd managed to use the control coded to get his name's text about seven times bigger, to the point where it was over all the other text in the chat area.

Needless to say, that was a little annoying. It was huge on the score board too.

Comment

no wait no name doesnt have to be 3rd party though if you screw up your name in the con file it wont show anymore atleast thats what i heard.

Comment

Using the code isn't a hack, but EA doesn't want you to do it. It can be considered an exploit because the orange name can confuse other players. Thing is, it only works in scoreboards/kill messages... If you actually look at the guy you will simply see "|C1000GuysName". The big name thing is called a "hack", but all you have to do is edit the saved clan prefix (cause the in-game clan tag typer doesn't accept the character). It isn't a hack, but its also considered an exploit. I ask people to take it off if they join any of the L13 servers, and if they don't they get the boot.

As has been said, its NO NAME that you need to be afraid of... Prepare for endless orbital strikes :|:

Comment

I was playing on Cerbere yesterday, owning with the Baur, and guess what? I join the server. Don't get it? BallaAce joined the server. I was BallaAce.

Then the unlimited orby's and supplies started. I think it was someone from the forums screwing around with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X