A Problem with my clans TS server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Problem with my clans TS server

I dont know wheather any of you guys could help me with this but my clan uses a Teamspeak server and yesterday me and another guy in the clan who i live with got timed out and booted from it and now whenever we try to connect to it we get the error message that we get no reply from the server.

So far we have checked all are router settings to make sure its ok we have uninstalled and reinstalled teamspeak all the other members of the clan can use it fine and when we try to just ping the server ip we get no response from it. And i can connect to a different teamspeak server that i use for a differnet game.

Just woundering if anyone has any advice on how to fix this problem because we need it quite desperatly because we have a match in a day or two and we need to be able to comunicate.

Any help much appreciated thanks in advance

If you are unable to even ping it, then it is unlikely that it is a TS problem.
    More likely your ISP has messed up somewhere.

tracert <IP-address> will show you where the connection fails.

You can then go to http://www.dnsstuff.com/ and find the owner of the last available IP-address

Also compare with a tracert made by one of the other members, that might show you how it should look.

Are you the only clanmember using that particular ISP?

Comment

OK i tried the tracert and after the 4th one it just started saying that the connection timed out for me if it is a problem witht the isp messing up how easy is it to fix this and what would i have to do to fix it thanks for your response i hope you can help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shijima_omini
        OK i tried the tracert and after the 4th one it just started saying that the connection timed out for me if it is a problem witht the isp messing up how easy is it to fix this and what would i have to do to fix it thanks for your response i hope you can help me.
        Call your ISP, there is nothing you can do at your end.

If it fails already after step 4 then it is very likely something on your ISP´s network, did you do a WHOIS to see if they own the server?

If it is not their server then they might not want to do anything about it, but try insisting anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the help man i contacted my isp and they checked the ip i was trying to connect and checked that it could be connected to through my area and apparently for them it worked fine but its still not working for me so im at a loss to figure it out.

And its looking like i might have to leave the clan because im no use if i cant comunicate in our matchs.

Comment

I have done some testing with a TS2 server I have access to myself, and apparently it doesn't need to respond to ping, because it works fine even though I get no ping answer.
            Tracert also terminates before the server.

So according to your ISP there is a connection to that server.
            And TS2 is correctly installed because you can connect to another TS2 server.

I must admit that I am running out of ideas.
            Could it be that the TS2 host for some reason has blocked your IP, or maybe even ISP?
            If your clan are renting it somewhere then there must be some form of support you can contact to verify that.

Comment

ok i dont think it is blocking and i got one of the ppl who is admin on it to check and he said he had made sure it wasent blocking anyone if it helps i performed a debug and this is the log

-------------- log started at 05-09-07 19:29 -------------
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              05-09-07 19:29:56,2944,DEBUG,All,Startup,Client version 2.0.32.60
              05-09-07 19:29:56,2944,DEBUG,ProcedureInfo,Client Open,Creating and starting threads
              05-09-07 19:29:56,2944,DEBUG,All,TDSoundIn.Open,opend direct Capture 8bit=0 , 11khz=1
              05-09-07 19:30:01,2944,DEBUG,ProcedureInfo,Client Open,host 85.236.100.35 resolved to 85.236.100.35
              05-09-07 19:30:01,2944,DEBUG,ProcedureInfo,Client Open,Send LoginStep1
              05-09-07 19:30:01,2944,DEBUG,ProcedureInfo,Client Open,Waiting for LoginStep2
              05-09-07 19:30:05,2944,ERROR,ProcedureInfo,Client Open,Exception: Timeout on recv LoginStep2 wait
              05-09-07 19:30:05,1568,WARNING,All,procedure TDICallBack.execute,"The operation had no effect." or "The device buffer overflowed and some input was lost." or "The device exists but is not currently attached." or "The change in device properties had no effect."
              05-09-07 19:30:08,1568,WARNING,All,procedure TDICallBack.execute,"The operation had no effect." or "The device buffer overflowed and some input was lost." or "The device exists but is not currently attached." or "The change in device properties had no effect."

Comment

Is 85.236.100.35 your TS2 server (gimli.multiplay.co.uk)?
                Because I can ping and tracert if fine, and I am not even in the UK.

I take it that the admin you were talking to was on of your clans TS2 admins? Because he wouldn't be able to see if multiplay has decide to block your access on the network level for some reason.

If we are talking about multiplay, then they have a contact page where you can get hold of them with phone/mail/IRC. http://www.multiplay.co.uk/contact.asp

Teamspeak also have a support forum. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a known solution to that problem: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...llBack.execute

I see some suggestions that the TS2 client is very sensitive for timeouts, so you might try to connect one of your computers directly instead of using the router.

Here is the part of the trace from where it leaves my country:
                Code:

6  1018 ms   457 ms    15 ms  so-0-0-0.2488M.albnxu7.ip.tele.dk [83.88.25.162]
                  7   813 ms   898 ms   457 ms  kbn-b1-link.telia.net [213.248.67.37]
                  8  1148 ms   756 ms    16 ms  kbn-bb2-pos0-2-0.telia.net [213.248.65.17]
                  9   992 ms   321 ms    27 ms  hbg-bb2-pos5-0-0.telia.net [213.248.65.125]
                 10  1094 ms   496 ms    50 ms  ldn-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.249.14]
                 11   486 ms    59 ms    58 ms  ldn-b1-pos5-0.telia.net [213.248.74.14]
                 12    39 ms    39 ms    39 ms  ldn-tch-i1-link.telia.net [80.91.250.210]
                 13    34 ms    34 ms    34 ms  datahop-113454-ldn-tch-i1.c.telia.net [213.248.7
                5.6]
                 14    34 ms    34 ms    36 ms  gimli.multiplay.co.uk [85.236.100.35]

Comment

Just to let you know i got the problem sorted not properly but the clan im in has 5 differnet servers running and they got a free teamspeak with each one so we have just switched over to one of the other teamspeaks.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X