whats next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats next?

ok in bf2 there are quite a few expansion packs, bf212 has just got NS at the moment, so whats next? any ideas?

well i guess there will come another expansion for 2142 but i think it will be next year :P

Comment

SF came out exactly 5 months after BF2 was released. 2142 is about 10 1/2 months old (released October 18, 2006) so I would say an expansion is probably not coming. Of course I may be wrong.

Some more dates:
      BF2 release: June 21, 2005
      SF release: November 21, 2005

Comment

First there was suppose to be this patch....but its looking more like a hoax at this point. As for an expansion who knows....LOL. Bad Company looks like the next best thing.

Comment

Crysis > Battlefield Anything

Comment

ahh, so we wait...

Comment

i'd say this next patch will be the last hurrah for 2142. just take a look at the similarities with bf2 for the patch release dates, which reminds me, wednesday marks one year since 1.4 was released.

Comment

Lots of competition in the FPS game space this Fall. No one in their right mind would announce anything until seeing how these other games do this Fall.

Coming FPS games:
                Crysis
                ET:QW
                CoD4
                TeamFortress 2
                UT3
                Halo 3
                Frontline: Fuel of War
                Gears of War
                Fallout 3
                Shadowrun

DICE/EA just finished Battlefield for Mac. They are also working on Battlefield for the Korean audience. I expect that we'll see them make advancements developing this new Battlefield for Korea and we'll have some kind of FPS/RPG "Battlefield:3 Online" title shortly thereafter. Of course, all of this is just IMO. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroy357
                  Crysis > Battlefield Anything
                  didnt people say the same thing about quake wars??

end of day this game willl probably die when all the new and better fps's come out by november dont expect an expansion pack ea have made their money

Comment

everyone will move to COD4, because there are plans for persistent stats in that, and the game is so stupidly easy and of course infantry only! (or so i think eeep)

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel
                      Lots of competition in the FPS game space this Fall. No one in their right mind would announce anything until seeing how these other games do this Fall.

Coming FPS games:
                      Crysis
                      ET:QW
                      CoD4
                      TeamFortress 2
                      UT3
                      Halo 3
                      Frontline: Fuel of War
                      Gears of War
                      Fallout 3
                      Shadowrun
                      Isnt at least two of those Xbox 360 exclusive?
                      And I believe the Fallout series is RPG?

Comment

Originally posted by LanDodger
                        everyone will move to COD4, because there are plans for persistent stats in that, and the game is so stupidly easy and of course infantry only! (or so i think eeep)
                        yeah its infantry only and easy

Comment

Frontlines: Fuel of war looks amazing. Too bad my pc cant play it. I hope 2142 gets another expansion pack though. Theres tons of stuff they can still do I think. But I know I should not look out for it for the reasons stated by other posters

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                            Isnt at least two of those Xbox 360 exclusive?
                            And I believe the Fallout series is RPG?
                            Nope, they're out with expanded storylines and levels for PC. The new Fallout 3 game is a new hybrid shooter which is FPS/RPG. Maybe not a game for every Battlefield fan, but the pundits expect it to have impact on gaming communities as their members move away to play other games such as this.

Honestly, I think the next game I'll probably play for hundreds of hours will be Call of Duty 4. I expect the gameplay will be what I'm looking for and I hope I'm not disappointed.

I'm going to play Crysis and ET:QW, but I'll lay odds I'm spending most of my time in CoD4 and TeamFortress 2. The class-based warfare in TF2 looks awesome. I hope that they've pulled it off.

Let's not forget about staving-off the attacking zombie hoard in Left4Dead! The multiplayer allows you to play as a zombie and they have classes to choose from. These are the fast kind of undead freaks, so it should be a blast to break out the shotgun and chainsaw!

Speaking of zombies, there's a mod that just started for Crysis called 28 Months Later--like the movie starting with 28 Days Later. It's being done by some of the team from the Conflict2142 mod. More struggle to survive goodness coming our way.

Comment

woot! more struggle to survive stuff... i will probaly go to ET:QW cos it dont have all that punkbuster crap that bf2142 has got right now...

Comment

Working...
                              X