A question about the editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about the editor.

Is it just my editor, or does it save things weird? For some reason, every time I save, it takes out the gamemodes folder, and I have to replace init.con with a backup I have made. Maybe I have something set up wrong, any help would be appreciated.

save the init.con file
    NOTE- for some reason the editor does not save the team settings. Every time you load the map into the editor you will need to redo the init.con team settings.
    (or) you can also set the init.con to read only. Make sure you select no when asked to make init.con rewritable. (Thanks Xaritix for clarification)
    from http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9320

Comment

Can I do the same with the gamemodes folder?

Comment

you could try doing the same with your gamemodes folder yeah, but i suggest you just make a backup of it and save it somewhere else. Then when it needs to be updated, (like if you added new flags, etc.) do so and do the same as before. You really only need it for the testing of your map. So just put the edited version into your maps folder when you're about to test the map

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon
          you could try doing the same with your gamemodes folder yeah, but i suggest you just make a backup of it and save it somewhere else. Then when it needs to be updated, (like if you added new flags, etc.) do so and do the same as before. You really only need it for the testing of your map. So just put the edited version into your maps folder when you're about to test the map
          Yea but what a pain. I almost want to go back to bf2 maps.. or a whole new engine as a whole..

Comment

Your not the only one...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Darth_Master
              Your not the only one...
              True that..

Comment

Working...
              X