Vista keyboard problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista keyboard problem.

One of the controls I use quite a bit is the ALT key, but since the switch to Vista I've found that (in 2142 at least, I haven't tried a lot of other games) the ALT key will eventually think that you want it on permanently. So when I want to go back to the menu I end up minimizing (alt+esc). All of the accessibility options are disabled in the ctrl-alt-del screen but it seems this "feature" cannot be disabled by normal means. Anyone know how I might be able to fix this problem? Perhaps something in the registry?

Oh yea, and then there's the whole Vista crashing constantly with 2142 (already read the other support threads, nothing works for Vista x64 Ultimate).

EDIT: Meant to put this in the support forum. Mods, please move this thread if you see it fit to do so.

I don't know what you mean by "disabled in the ctrl-alt-del screen" and I don't have vista but check you have none of the boxes ticked in Control Panel/Accessibility Options/keyboard and keyboard settings.

Also check for bios updates for your motherboard and any mention of this problem

Comment

In the vista control panel it's called "Ease of access." I've gone through the entire menu tree and not a single option is enabled. The key(s) that are causing the problem are alt+shift which turns on ALT until I hit ctrl. I still have no idea how to disable it.

Comment

Working...
      X