My Computer
    Manufacturer = Dell
    Model= Inspiron 531
    Op. Sys.= Windows Vista Home Premium
    CPU= AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.80 GHZ
    Video Card= 8600 GT
    RAM = 2056 MB
    Sound Card= None at the moment

Problem= While in a game BF2142 Locks up, Freezes, Stops Working, Not Responding or however you call it. (It just stops). I have to go to the Task manager and it says its not responding, I end the program and process and restart it. It happens again and I have reinstalled and did all sorts of things the problem is that now it is more inconsistent, It happens sometimes 5 minutes into a game, then sometimes 10 minutes into a game. Anyway if there are any other solutions besides uninstalling stuff and reinstalling please tell me. (I probably have done most of them by now but please give me some advice) Email me at JohnRazic@gmail.com or post it here.

Thanks!

Do you get any messages on the screen like "Connection Problems"?
    Try setting cpu affinity or installing the dual core optimizer, altho vista should already have done that for you tbh.
    Try disabling voip.

Comment

Nope it just stops and then I need to use task manager cuz Alt+tab doesn't work.

I just tried that and still it doesn't work it just freezes 5 minutes into the game multi player and single player. The Task Manager just says that it is Not Responding.

Great, Now it freezes when a map is loaded 60%. Aww, this is a real pain.

I guess that this isn't the right section. I'll post this on the support area!

Comment

Could be that the freezing is caused by your graphics card. If you are able to play any other game for as long as you like then you can eliminate this reason. If you can't check the GPU temperatures.

Have you tried deleting the My Documents/BF214 cache? I can't remember the exact path to cache but you'll get there starting from the My Documents. The cache folder has {AR12-3455-FE54-54GR} or files name so.

Comment

Originally posted by looqas
          Could be that the freezing is caused by your graphics card. If you are able to play any other game for as long as you like then you can eliminate this reason. If you can't check the GPU temperatures.
          BF2142 was working last week for me but since two days ago. The Game will run sometimes for 5 minutes and freeze and sometimes 10 minutes, I even made sure all my drivers were updated. The problem still hasn't gotten any better.

Comment

Originally posted by John Razic
            BF2142 was working last week for me but since two days ago. The Game will run sometimes for 5 minutes and freeze and sometimes 10 minutes, I even made sure all my drivers were updated. The problem still hasn't gotten any better.
            It does not matter if the game worked last week. The heat sink could have fallen off a bit or the thermal paste have cracked because of that. So play another game other than 2142 and tell me if are able to play it for an hour or so.

This way we can eliminate (or point to) to the excessive heat being the problem.

Comment

Same here. And i know it's not my GFX card because i can play any of my other 20 games for hrs and never lock up on me, it's always 2142. The game has been freezing on me lately when i throw something .Of course not all the time but when it does freeze it is after i throw out an IDS and motion mines.

Comment

I Just Checked my Graphics card, its in good condition Everything about my computer is fine it's just I can play games like Soldier Front (Yes I have no life but back on topic) for hours with absolutely no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by John Razic

Problem= While in a game BF2142 Locks up, Freezes, Stops Working, Not Responding or however you call it. (It just stops). I have to go to the Task manager and it says its not responding, I end the program and process and restart it. It happens again and I have reinstalled and did all sorts of things the problem is that now it is more inconsistent, It happens sometimes 5 minutes into a game, then sometimes 10 minutes into a game. Anyway if there are any other solutions besides uninstalling stuff and reinstalling please tell me. (I probably have done most of them by now but please give me some advice) Email me at JohnRazic@gmail.com or post it here.

Thanks!

Mate was getting the exact same thing yesterday. So searched and found this post http://bf2142.totalgamingnetwork.com...ad.php?t=24421
                  which for me was just a matter of renaming the radial.cdb and restarting.

Comment

Why Isn"t That Link Stickieed?!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterAlex
                      Why Isn"t That Link Stickieed?!?!?!?!
                      Because a similar link already exists in the stickies: Fix for map only loading halfway then sticking.
                      And yet you missed it

Comment

Working...
                      X