Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the least stable game I've ever played.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the least stable game I've ever played.

This really makes Battlefield 2 look like the most stable game in history.

Constant lost connections, stuck map loads, random freezing, memory error crashes, regular crashes. This is really starting to piss me off. And apparently there's no fix? Except to not play on Vista? Not happening. This is 2007, Vista is the future. They need to release a Vista stability patch or something.

I've just spent the last HOUR trying to play. Maybe 10 minutes of playing, the rest spent connecting to servers and getting lost connection, then finally connecting to one and getting a stuck load, then finally loading one and getting a freeze or memory error.

Compare this to BF2, with which I've had practically no problems since 1.4, XP or Vista.

[/rant]

Uhoh, my 8800 and Vista comes from Dell in a week and im not liking these stories.

Where did i put my XP disc *cries*

Comment

I couldn't even play Pocket Tanks on the school's Vista Business Sytems..

Comment

If Vista is the future, then it doesn't look to good.

2142 is not the only unstable game with Vista. Not to mention how much of a resource hog Vista is.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisis
          Uhoh, my 8800 and Vista comes from Dell in a week and im not liking these stories.

Where did i put my XP disc *cries*
          I have A Dell Inspiron 531 with 8600 GT, Athlon X2 5600+ and Vista, Talk about bad luck. These horror stories are true from my experience and BF2142 is still Freezing on me. :hmm: I'm getting pissed and that is not good news for Vista. I Have an XP Home Edition Disc, u want it?

Comment

glad i didnt took vista my dad was screaming to get vista but i said no vista bad xp home edition goowd.

Comment

Windows millenium, meet windows vista.

Comment

XP was pretty similar when it first came. EA can't work out the 2142 bugs in Vista because the bugs in Vista itself haven't been worked out.
                That's why they say never buy a first run edition of a new OS. Wait for some patches, or even the first SP before completely investing. If you realy want it, make your system a dual-boot with XP and Vista.

Comment

It does those same things to me on XP. It's either drivers or the game itself.

Comment

I get random freezing problems as well. Most annoying. I have Vista 64bit, core duo processor and 2 8800gts's in sli. Tried all drivers. Nightmare. Never had this problem on my old xp system.

Comment

Working...
                    X