Is this base-raping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this base-raping?

I was commander of PAC on Camp G and I arti the EU walker everytime it spawned (their main base was empty and was not an uncap) then got called for base-raping

Is this really considered a base-rape? unethical? lame? or fair game

I wouldn't care. When I am commander I will also try to bomb the walker with an orbital strike once it respawned. And the EU Walker doesn't even spawn in an uncap.
    So, no, I wouldn't call it a baserape.

Comment

Not base raping.

Comment

Nope, not in my opinion, you're just doing what is right.

Comment

I do the same thing, im going to kill it anyway, the sooner the better. If they wanted it so bad they should have camped it and gotten it moving once it spawned.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathEngineer
            I was commander of PAC on Camp G and I arti the EU walker everytime it spawned (their main base was empty and was not an uncap) then got called for base-raping

NO.

It is called "smart gameplay". Dont let whiners control you or your game- do what is right for your team.

Comment

I feel better now... but let me be fair and tell the whole story.

Normally I wouldn't do it but in that round their walker pilot was going at 40:0 (from just outside of our main base perimeter mowing us down as we came out of the PAC uncap) and either my timing was really off or there was a glitch because I couldn't take him down when he was in the walker; I EMP'd then artie right on top of him and he would just walk-off as if the EMP had missed. We threw everything at him and he just would not go down... railguns, pilum, missles... nothing until one of our cloaked recon managed to RDX him. After that I said he's not getting back into that walker again; at least not for the rest of that round anyway. And of course.. he was the one calling me out for base raping him.

Comment

It's not.

Comment

I would do the same thing if my team was getting pwnd like that.

Comment

lol but he was base raping your uncap!!! love it.

Comment

no i do the samething.
                      say i was playing wit u. ur ok at inf, need some work with the scarr

Comment

Originally posted by mybulleturface
                        no i do the samething.
                        say i was playing wit u. ur ok at inf, need some work with the scarr
                        Heh! yeah... and thanks for not saying it the blunt way... which would be "You SUCK!!!!!"

I remember you too (you were pnwing pretty good) I forgot to write down your soldier name to add you to my buddy list. Mind if I do that? I'm always on a lookout for better players to learn from:salute:

I just only started work on my infantry skills a little more than a month ago so lot's of room for improvement (I was mostly support, engie, recon or armor before that). The SCAR is definitely my weakest weapon I just haven't gotten the rhythm for it yet. Strangely enough my accuracy is higher for it than for the Krylov... but I think that's only because I know I still suck at it so I don't even bother to shoot at anyone too far away. I have managed to bring my accuracy for the SCAR up to 28% from a dismal 13% before and hopefully I can still get a little more accuracy out of it.

I don't know if you had notice or remember but you should have seen me spinning around looking all over the place while playing:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:... that's because I'm trying to get used to the new 5.1 headset that I just bought. I haven't managed to find the sweet spot yet for that headset to give me accurate sound positioning so I can't quite tell where the shots were coming from so I have to look around a lot (get dizzy pretty fast.. and easy picking for the enemies:dead.

BTW, I made the mistake of testing out the new headset playing as [NAKED]BackToBasic and ended up with a number of rounds with a negative K/D (now I have to go make back lost grounds). From now on if you see me as [NAKED]BackToBasic then I'm in the game to play otherwise you may see me as [NAKED]UpgradeLooter when I'm in there just to calibrate my sound system.

[EDIT] If I remember correctly we were in the same squad and you kept on having to revive me right? I think the server must have crashed that round too (or I just lost connection) since I don't have a screenshot from the end of that round; I made it a habit lately to screenshot the end of rounds to help me remember who I was playing with but I don't have any with you in it.

Comment

Heh! yeah... and thanks for not saying it the blunt way... which would be "You SUCK!!!!!"

I remember you too (you were pnwing pretty good) I forgot to write down your soldier name to add you to my buddy list. Mind if I do that? I'm always on a lookout for better players to learn from:salute:

I just only started work on my infantry skills a little more than a month ago so lot's of room for improvement (I was mostly support, engie, recon or armor before that). The SCAR is definitely my weakest weapon I just haven't gotten the rhythm for it yet. Strangely enough my accuracy is higher for it than for the Krylov... but I think that's only because I know I still suck at it so I don't even bother to shoot at anyone too far away. I have managed to bring my accuracy for the SCAR up to 28% from a dismal 13% before and hopefully I can still get a little more accuracy out of it.

I don't know if you had notice or remember but you should have seen me spinning around looking all over the place while playing:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:... that's because I'm trying to get used to the new 5.1 headset that I just bought. I haven't managed to find the sweet spot yet for that headset to give me accurate sound positioning so I can't quite tell where the shots were coming from so I have to look around a lot (get dizzy pretty fast.. and easy picking for the enemies:dead.

BTW, I made the mistake of testing out the new headset playing as [NAKED]BackToBasic and ended up with a number of rounds with a negative K/D (now I have to go make back lost grounds). From now on if you see me as [NAKED]BackToBasic then I'm in the game to play otherwise you may see me as [NAKED]UpgradeLooter when I'm in there just to calibrate my sound system.

[EDIT] If I remember correctly we were in the same squad and you kept on having to revive me right? I think the server must have crashed that round too (or I just lost connection) since I don't have a screenshot from the end of that round; I made it a habit lately to screenshot the end of rounds to help me remember who I was playing with but I don't have any with you in it.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/3bd8fd789efb8f3c345a8218a199a1dc5bb0475a.png
                          lol preety bad round for me
                          the scarr is more accurate which is why it higher but u have less kills bc it shots slower which is why u have to aim higher. to be honest i have no clue where i aim its just a habit.

Comment

No, and that's a good strategy. Kudos

Comment

Originally posted by mybulleturface
                              http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/3bd8fd789efb8f3c345a8218a199a1dc5bb0475a.png
                              lol preety bad round for me
                              the scarr is more accurate which is why it higher but u have less kills bc it shots slower which is why u have to aim higher. to be honest i have no clue where i aim its just a habit.
                              Yep that was you then:salute: 37:11 K/D and you had a bad round?... sure just rub it in why don't ya

So do you always take screenies at the end of the round or is that something that xfire does automatically? I've never used xFire maybe I'll think about getting on it since so many players are on it already.

BTW, I got your buddy request in-game but like a lot of the time it just disappeared without actually adding the buddy so I'll send you a request later.

Comment

Working...
                              X