Game will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game will not start

I'm running Vista. Whenever I try to start the game I get the green spinning circle (the vista version of the hourglass). The circle goes away, and nothing else happens. No black screen, no process in the task manager, nothing. It's worth noting that C&C3, which I also have on EA link, works fine.
    It's also worth noting that when I try to buy a game it tells me that "my session has expired".

Help would be appreciated.

What graphics card do you have?

Comment

confirm if ur com can play bf2142? though if it can play cnc3, shld be able to take bf2142 fine. so is ur bf2142 the downloaded version or the disc version?

Comment

Specs are as follows:

CPU: 3.47 GHz
        Memory: 1.5 Gb
        The Card: A Nvidia 8600 GTS

And up until today the game ran fine on high settings.

edit: the game is the EA link version, C&C3 is also on EA link.

Comment

Yeah, mine's doing the same crap, hourglass then it won't even load.

Must be a new bug...tried re-installing earlier and that didn't fix it.

Apparently...(found something in the uk ea forum's), if you change your launch properties (right click on your 2142 icon, select properties and it's under one of the tabs) to windows 2000 compatibility, it fixes this problem. I seem to remember having to do this once for some reason.

I know Rome Total War has a bug that's similar to this. Course that was a crash at a certain year. Nice to know Microsoft never fixed all the XP bugs, or maybe it's just programmers never completely figured out XP.

Comment

Working...
          X