Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood

I'd imagine this has been covered a dozen times, but upon searching I didn't see any particular threads dealing with this question specifically...

So why no option for blood? I'm not asking for over the top gore, but... SOMETHING! Its the most glaringly unrealistic part of the game.

I'm not interested in doing some mod to get it, just wish it was an option in the game.

So, I'm guessing there is some rating issue that would not allow people under 18 to purchase it?

Originally posted by Russian5
    Its the most glaringly unrealistic part of the game.
    More unrealistic than getting shot in the head with a sniper rifle and then being revived good as new?

So, I'm guessing there is some rating issue that would not allow people under 18 to purchase it?
    I think so. Blood = M rating, or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital-Boy
      More unrealistic than getting shot in the head with a sniper rifle and then being revived good as new?

I think so. Blood = M rating, or something like that.
      BFV has blood and its rated T.

Comment

I thought blood was added in a patch in BFV and then taken out sometime later, and CoD2 has lots of blood (no gore) and it's rated T. If you want blood try Conflict 2142, it's a pretty cool mod with blood in it.

Comment

in Australia it has a MA15+ rating already so i don't think blood would make a difference. blood = more work. this is soothing DICE doesn't do

Comment

They can just recolor the dust poofs that appear when you hit someone to red. I think thats how most mods do it.

Comment

I'm still waiting for the war game that allows you to blow off limbs

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                That would be cool...

If you get blown up by APM, you wouldn't see text "you are critically wounded". It would blow your legs up and you would have to crawl foward or bleed to death...

I think we ain't gonna see that happen, or atleast we ain't seeing it right now...

Maybe i need to find my Solder Of Fortune 2 once again...

Comment

Yeah, this is the legacy of torso body armor. Our wounded troops are returning home after having their limbs blown off because their torsos are protected by armor. When the IEDs explode the limbs go flying.

Pretty nasty in real life... :shock:

Comment

So thats cool, cause we play games.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313
                      That would be cool...

If you get blown up by APM, you wouldn't see text "you are critically wounded". It would blow your legs up and you would have to crawl foward or bleed to death...

I think we ain't gonna see that happen, or atleast we ain't seeing it right now...

There are some mods in BF2 (don't know about 2142) where once injured, to a certain point, you bleed out until you die unless you get some help from a medic. Still nothing about blowing a legg off though.

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                      They can just recolor the dust poofs that appear when you hit someone to red. I think thats how most mods do it.
                      That would be simple to do but DICE can't officially release that kind of blood... they'd be laughed right out of the gaming world. If they're going to add blood at all it has to have other behavior like spray, splatter, puddling, and staining nearby objects and soldiers or else they woudln't do it at all.

Comment

play FEAR :evil:

Comment

Blood would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Max
                            play FEAR :evil:
                            yeah if you want blood go on fear, you can lose all the limbs you want...:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313
                              That would be cool...

then a medic comes round the corner throws a med pack and *pooooooooooooof( ure leg reappears

Comment

Working...
                              X