Fps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fps?

hey people jst wondering how do i find out my FPS in BF 2142? what button do i press or wat ever?
    thanks

Comment

u didnt say anything?

Comment

When you're in the game hit the ~ key to bring up the console then enter this command:

renderer.drawFPS 1

Hit the ~ key again to return to the game.

Or you can download and install the free utility from www.fraps.com which also shows the FPS in bigger lettering.

Or you can follow the link from Mukky (I have not tried that)

Comment

it's teamspeak overlay it will show you who's talking on teamspeak.. but it also carry's a fps counter.. wich will show you the current FPS in tha game

Comment

And also reduced your FPS.

Use FRAPS it's easiest/best

Comment

1 more thing, i normaly have quite a low ping, is that good or bad? its normally around 15

Comment

low ping is good

Comment

gdgd also does it normally mean that ur machine is running it well?

Comment

ping is time from your comp to the server in milliseconds

Comment

Yea, as he said it is showing your ping. FPS will show how fast your graphics are running, and Ping is basically the amout of time from your computer to the server.

So the lower on both is better. A ping of 15 is good. Try and stick with anything under 100 and you will be fine. When you start going higher, especially in the 200's or more, you might start lagging which in turn can raise your FPS. So keep it low and you are fine. When you are in the game browser, sort from lowest to highest ping and then pick a server from the first page or two of the list as long as the ping is below 100 or so. But if you play on servers that give you a ping of 15, you are playing at your best possible speed.

Comment

A ping of 15 is more than good... that's like totally awesome. Nice!

Comment

Wait lower FPS is better? Thats wrong. Higher FPS(frames per second) means more frames in 1 second meaning less jittering.

Comment

correct yes, the higher FPS u have the better, but we were talkin about ping.

Comment

Ping :P

Comment

Working...
                              X