Otus/Accipiter tidbits:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otus/Accipiter tidbits:

i've posted many times that to fix the drones exploding when you deploy them, simply look straight up and you'll never have that problem again. makes no difference if you're on a hill, indoors, running, or anything else. the ONLY variable is looking up.
    even though the last patch supposedly fixes this explosion, it still happens occasionally.

as any drone user knows, the patch which fixed the "stairway to heaven" exploit severely increased the enviornmental damage to the drones. these tips apply to keeping your drone alive longer.

a few not well known tips about the drones, and they all pretty much apply to when you need to put it back into your inventory.

- when walking under an archway, your drone will almost always explode. simply grab it with "g", and redeply once you've went through it. this has been explained infrequently.

- got emp'd? your done won't survive long on the ground. run over and spam "g" until you pick it back up. now you can redeploy a healthy one.

- drone smoking and making that "on fire" sound? it won't take too many more clanks into walls. just hit "g" and re-deploy and you'll have a fresh, 100% healthy drone.

of course, if you're playing as support... you'll never have to worry about the above scenarios. ok, that was short and sweet.

Interesting tips, too bad nobody uses the drones! I can't remember the last time I saw one.

The accipiter is pretty much worthless anyway - 100 kills would put you in the top 100 in the world with the thing.

Comment

Nice tips..didn't know you could pluck it from the air lol

Comment

Originally posted by 193d DCAT1
        Interesting tips, too bad nobody uses the drones! I can't remember the last time I saw one.

The accipiter is pretty much worthless anyway - 100 kills would put you in the top 100 in the world with the thing.
        Well, i use it!

Comment

yeah, the vast, vast, vast majority of people use the beacons. which... i personally hate. i've ranted many times on how it splits up squads.

yeah, i hate the accipiter. to me its worthless, though you'll find a few who swear by it.

i'm an otus junkie. 80% of the time i'm in a conquest server, and i always have that little guardian angel over my head! so yeah, these tips come with HUNDREDS of hours with the otus =)

Comment

my friend keep playing with it and got 100+ kills with it

Comment

i also love to use it but most people dont get a squad of 6 people mostly its like 16 squads with max of 2 players lol.
              anyway nice tips i will use them

Comment

not much people use it

Comment

Originally posted by Bardo
                  yeah, the vast, vast, vast majority of people use the beacons. which... i personally hate. i've ranted many times on how it splits up squads.

yeah, i hate the accipiter. to me its worthless, though you'll find a few who swear by it.

i'm an otus junkie. 80% of the time i'm in a conquest server, and i always have that little guardian angel over my head! so yeah, these tips come with HUNDREDS of hours with the otus =)
                  It will split you up only if the SL places it somewhere and doesnt bother moving it when the battle moves elsewhere, when you are sieging something like the camp G toll station they are a lifesaver.

Comment

ive only goten like, 5 kills with that thing. from about 30 uses

Comment

never used it.
                      btw i suck at squad leader

Comment

Generally get 2-3 kills a round with the accipiter, though I'm not sure exactly how I get it to work. Frequently it'll end up just killing the person who just killed me, got my friend with it 2 times and he was pissed!

Otus is better if you want to know where your enemies are, accipiter is just a bit of fun really if you can get it to work. I'm only using it to see how far I can get up the leaderboard.

Comment

Working...
                        X