calling baur nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling baur nuts

right ive recently started paying this weapon some attention (break from beloved krylov) and its pretty decent. however i would like some tips.

problem1

is it better to keep it on auto and single shot ot single shot on singe shot mode? to me the deviation and stuff seems less on single shot mode but i could be wrong and having it always set to auto could help in some cases.

problem 2

usually i have to equip the shotgun to use at close range since the auto mode is horrible. that brings me on to another problem later.

-so yeh do you usually go with a shot gun as well as rockets? because that can get annoying when you cant revive someone.

problem 3

(not very well put sorry, hard to explain)

when using the shotgun, i can never reach the number 6 on my keyboard accurately i will always jam 5 since im so used to it. is there any way to switch the shotgun to 5 and rockets to 6?

-because i only use rockets when im actually concentrating and aiming hence i will always be in a safe position when using them so i would like to put them to number 6 so i can take my time. i want to be able to mash number 5 for a shotgun so i can get the guy in front of me before i die.

Single shot, always, unless at point blank. Don't bother with the shotgun, simply control your fire when close, burst fire, dont spray when you have a bunnyhopper, track him and fill his landing zone with lead.

Comment

To be honest, I use Baur on full auto in every situation apart from long/extreme range and get tonnes of kills.

If you can control the kick (I use nothing but assualt + Baur) you can easily plant 3-4 shots on a guy. Just drag the mouse down when shooting

Always scope and shoot unless at close range.

Always have rockets and defib. Never shottie.

At close range I find the baur more leathal than the Voss.

Comment

I constantly switch back and forth between single and auto, depending on the part of the map I'm in. Full-auto in close quarters (e.g., the crates surrounding Eastern Docks on Tunis), as you can take two guys out quicker (unless they've got Vosses and are paying attention, in which case you're toast anyway - er, unless you're The_Eliminator, in which case your Baur will Destroy them), and single-shot when the range is more open (e.g., Power Station on Tunis looking out towards the other two flags).

I'm nowhere near as good with the Baur as some folks here, and some days I'm just way too "off" and switch back to the Voss, but TBH I'm really having a lot of fun with the Baur these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswahhihi
          To be honest, I use Baur on full auto in every situation apart from long/extreme range and get tonnes of kills.

If you can control the kick (I use nothing but assualt + Baur) you can easily plant 3-4 shots on a guy. Just drag the mouse down when shooting

Amen and totaly agreed. You can spray as easily with the bauer as you can with the voss. You can snipe better with the bauer than the voss. ROCKETS! OR Shotgun. Never leave home without defibs!

Comment

I started using the Baur, and I'm really loving it! I didn't give it much thought before and didn't really use it right. Rockets and Defib is the way to go for me.

Comment

Always leave your Baur on full-auto, unless you find yourself at a mid range battle. Burst fire works just fine on the Baur at mid range, but the ability for you to "fast click" on single shot mode and score headshots while still giving a consistent stream of precision fire is much more lethal than burst fire... in fact, this technique gives the Baur the edge over other AR's in mid range IMO. Learn to control your Baur's recoil until you can burst fire (2 - 4 shot bursts are what I use) at all ranges, and also practice controlling the kick in rapid fire single shot, so you can "fast click" faster at mid range. ALWAYS carry rockets and defib... there is no substitute. Control the recoil by pulling down with the muzzle rise, in game experience is the only way you'll really learn this -- there's nothing to be taught on that by reading text.

Baur ftw

Comment

I switch firing modes all the time. I've gotten pretty good at rapid firing in single shot mode, so I tend to do that more often.

The shot deviation on the Baur needs to be managed by the player. If you are set to auto fire mode, your third bullet will be substantially off the mark and the fourth will most likely miss. It's just the way the math works.

Always attempt to engage with the rifle zoomed and do not move forward/backward but strafe left & right. The deviation penalty for moving forward/backward is signifigant but the Baur has the least strafing deviation for a rifle.

Baur+PKs+Defib ftw!

Comment

oh il pack the defibs instead. i was having some decent success with it on camp, its quite good because i can stay out of the frag fest and snipe off the straglers and naders

Comment

Originally posted by blank1
                    Always leave your Baur on full-auto, unless you find yourself at a mid range battle. Burst fire works just fine on the Baur at mid range, but the ability for you to "fast click" on single shot mode and score headshots while still giving a consistent stream of precision fire is much more lethal than burst fire... in fact, this technique gives the Baur the edge over other AR's in mid range IMO. Learn to control your Baur's recoil until you can burst fire (2 - 4 shot bursts are what I use) at all ranges, and also practice controlling the kick in rapid fire single shot, so you can "fast click" faster at mid range. ALWAYS carry rockets and defib... there is no substitute. Control the recoil by pulling down with the muzzle rise, in game experience is the only way you'll really learn this -- there's nothing to be taught on that by reading text.

Baur ftw
                    Pretty much the same as me. Just pinging the left mouse button achieves single shot, switching between single and auto is just one thing too many to remember.

Practise, practise, practise.

You won't always be in the position to scope and aim, but a much underlooked baur quality is it's punch while spraying. You won't win all CQC situations but you'll be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswahhihi

i have a bit of a reputation when it coms to the Baur, but i agree completely with this guy above, that is how i use, and will always use it.

Comment

There were only 9 people in the world ranked higher than I was with the Baur when I stopped playing, so I consider myself somewhat of an expert with this gun. I won't say my setup is "the best" or what you should always use, but here is what I always ran with:

1) Baur, on Auto mode 90% of the time (but would always tap to fire unless in an all out close-range firefight). Only switched to single-shot for extra-long-range sniping.
                        2) Defib
                        3) Herzog

+Logitech mouse with 8 buttons = almost every weapon and accessory on your right hand...switched knife and pistol to "2" and "F", meaning every item that your character can hold in the game could be equipped instantly via either those two keys, or a mouse button.

If I ran out of ammo in a clip in the middle of a firefight, the Herzog has one of the game's faster weapon-ready times, so I pulled it out and one shot would usually finish off whomever I was fighting. The other great thing about the herzog is its rate of fire...very fast, for a shotgun.

The end result...I had one of the highest SPMs in the game, especially among folks who played ground combat exclusively...i only used vehicles for transport.

Comment

Working...
                        X