Another bf vs vista problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another bf vs vista problem.

So yesterday bf2142 started crashing after the end of every round whether its titan or conquest. Its always exactly after the round has finished and the scoreboard comes up, then it crashes to some kind of memory error. Its been fine for months and now it just cant start the second round.

I have vista x64 btw, I know there's been a lot of issues with it but nothing like this to my knowledge.

edit:after reading the titan map change problem it sounds very similair, but it happens on conquest as well for me. I spose I could try the titan map fix listed in the stickies, but is there a method for vista 64 bit, it only says 32 there.

What graphics card do you have?
    I think there is a problem where if the graphic settings are on high, then the game crashes after every round. I have had to put all mine on medium to play fine. It sucks I know, but at least I can load fine after every round.

cheers
    dex

Comment

That deals with RAM, whats your specs

Comment

Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GTS
        RAM: 4 gig

and vista 64 bit of course.

Comment

I have the exact same card. 2 gigs of ram and vista 32bit.

In order for me to stop crashing between rounds I had to put the graphics down to medium. However, why dont you try the beta drivers from nvidia, some people have had success with it in 2142.

cheers
          dex

Comment

Originally posted by dextric_191 View Post
            I have the exact same card. 2 gigs of ram and vista 32bit.

In order for me to stop crashing between rounds I had to put the graphics down to medium. However, why dont you try the beta drivers from nvidia, some people have had success with it in 2142.

cheers
            dex
            Come to think of it, I did try putting the graphics on high a day or so before this started happening although I spose I could live without them if it means the game doesnt crash. Well i'll try putting them down for now, although any other suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDanielsson
              I spose I could try the titan map fix listed in the stickies, but is there a method for vista 64 bit, it only says 32 there.
              Do it! Now!
              I did and the games runs semi-great now on vista 64. It still crashes every now and then but that's only after hours of play. So you can try this fix, and keep your nice graphic settings, I guess.
              Still can't get my mic to work though. BF doesn't seem to 'hear' it. Not even in the battlecommo setup program. Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Working...
              X