Commander spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander spotting

This has probably been brought up before, so excuse me if I didn't find the old threads (pluss I'm abit lazy at the end of the workday).

When playing as a Commander, is it ok to use the spot tool alot? I get alot of grief from players trying to kick me, or they throw a serious unhealthy tantrum on the ingame chat about how noob I am and well you know how it goes.

I want to do my Commander job properly, use my tools to the best of my knowledge and spot enemies for my team so they best can deal with the situation. So why the grief?

And last, why on earth do I get spam locked for 30 sec as Commander...? EMP, Arty, Supply and 2-3 spottings and BAM you can't talk for 30 seconds...

Keep the spotting controlled. Around squads for example.

Comment

It can get a bit boring just hearing the commander spot stuff over an over- the same can be said for players who think it is necessay to spot something three times in a row - tank spotted,tank spotted,tank spotted - the commander has however got a duty to spot stuff for his team so I will put up with it (even though it is annoying as hell)

Comment

Commanders spamming like that just detracts from the game, he should be more concerned with the big picture than spotting random dudes. Stick up a drone and leave it at that, the squads will likely have their own drones or detectors in their squad and will do their own spotting on the map.

Comment

I do it once the UAV is reloading. Spotting dudes. Or spotting dudes that somehow got through the defensive line. There will most of the time be someone to go after him. Spotting the enemy then is a huge advantage for your team cause they know the area where the enemy is hiding. However, spotting people under UAV is ********.

Comment

Vika has a great point. You want to spot things around your forces or around an objective you gave your forces.

What I find helps is I will give a squad an order and then base the commander assets around that order.

An example would be a UAV over the flag area, supply crate in the path of the squad heading to the area, EMP and Orbital at standby for enemy vehicles or I unlesh it on the spot if there is heavy defense, to soften it up a bit. Run SATTRAK and spot if forces are heading that way.

OR, use UAV over one area and if you are lucky to have two squads working for you, spot out things near the second squad.

It is tough commanding. Some dont even feel there is a reason for a commander and will gripe and complain no matter what.

Good luck to you and stick with it.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I wish I could just mute the commander sometimes.

When all I can hear is the commander voice it stops me from hearing whats going on around me. Plus with the abundance of support mini uav's we can usually see everything around us now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by imlikeawarbird
                I wish I could just mute the commander sometimes.

When all I can hear is the commander voice it stops me from hearing whats going on around me. Plus with the abundance of support mini uav's we can usually see everything around us now anyway.
                my sentiments exactly

Comment

I personally hate it when the commander doesn't shut up with spotting guys. Throw up a UAV and shut up. I do understand however that it can be useful but as long as its not a repeated droning of "Enemy Tank spotted!, Enemy Tank spotted." Its much easier and quicker to use voip and talk to your squad leaders who can then relay that message to the squads. And I know that some people don't have mic's but on most serves (that I play at least) squads are using VOIP and pointing out targets to each other.

Comment

Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!
                    Vikota prasivnika!

Spotting can be very useful, especially when spotting vehicles or incoming enemies around a flag. But just clicking around on everything is a pain..

Comment

Commanders that dont spot at all are worse. i only spot people after a sat scan and they are away from the action or on our side of the map

Comment

I find spotting very good for when some poor guy is trying to take a back flag or something by himself, or with a couple of friends. You can't really take your UAV away from the main action, but you can give him a hand.

I do wish DICE would make it so if the command uses a spot more than a few times within a short period, he doesn't say anything; that, or just have about 20 versions of each voice. It can get infuriating to hear "Enemy infantry" repeated over and over in exactly the same way; in real life there'd be variation in the way it's said, and I'm surprised games haven't caught onto this too much yet. Heck, throw in an extra DVD if need be.

Comment

Over useing the "enemy spotted" command, is very distracting. In the end I think it hurts your team more so than helps. As it places thier attention off of what they are doing, and puts it on the commander.

Spoting the enemy in the middle of a SAT Track, doesn't work. You can hear the commanders voice, but there is no blinking red dot on the map. So you have to wait until the scaners finished. Then spot two or three dudes who are a threat to your team. By threat, I mean enemys who are NOT being activly engaged by your guys. Also, you only need to spot the same guys once, wait for the blinking red dot to disappear, then spot him again if need be.

Comment

As in anything in life, easy does it. When you keep the noise pollution to a minimum, it allows you to hear what is going on around you. I don't know how many times I've been distracted and died because someone was spamming some message.

I find the commander spotting of enemy outside of UAV range and between charges to be a good thing as long as they don't overdo it.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, really appreciated. To be honest, its very annoying to hear the sound playing as Commander too, but I've kinda gotten used to it playing some competition in BF2 (and if you played a tournament you know how crazy those Commanders can be hehe). I'll try keep the noise down, and further help my squads know what is going on around them

Comment

Working...
                              X