Highway Tampa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Tampa?

hey, just wondering does any one know when high way tampa is properly comming out. I know the beta is already out, but how long till the full version?

Full version?

It will be available for everyone to play on when the 1.40 patch comes out. No one knows when that's going to be, so just keep waiting

Comment

kk, fnx. i just set this up becuase alot of people install the beta thinkin it is the full game but then realise they can only see the beta servers. So to everyone that was thinkin of installin it, it is not the full game just a demo version of it.

Comment

The Beta patches are nice to checkout to see what the game will be like after the tweaks. A little sneak peak. It's annoying to play with a bunch of bugs though

Comment

Originally posted by runduderun
          kk, fnx. i just set this up becuase alot of people install the beta thinkin it is the full game but then realise they can only see the beta servers. So to everyone that was thinkin of installin it, it is not the full game just a demo version of it.
          That is not correct.
          The Beta is the full version of the game, ranked and with all features enabled.

But there are only a few beta servers available, so you will be limited to them and their selection of maps.

Comment

The BETA is bugged to **** though. The servers crash every 2 minutes. If you enjoy stress then load up the BETA and have a blast.

A DICE guy acknowledged the problem and stated they were working on it - this was at least a month ago. Unless they have fixed the issue and just not told anyone.

Comment

Nah, I see no reason as to why they would hold of the patch even if they did fix the problem, unless they're trying to add new features, or something like that.

Comment

I stopped anticipating the release of this stinking patch. Making the whole game probly didn't take this long..... ZIIIIIIING

Comment

Originally posted by Micster
                  Nah, I see no reason as to why they would hold of the patch even if they did fix the problem, unless they're trying to add new features, or something like that.
                  ummm the server's crashing every 2 min would be a good reason no?

i would assume people would consider this a big problem. unless like said earlier. you enjoy crashing and then loading and then crashing and then loading again.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                    Making the whole game probly didn't take this long..... ZIIIIIIING
                    I lol'd.

Comment

Clearly the patch has run into major problems, and releasing it at this point would cause massive DICE flames in this forum. Oh well, it would give us something new to talk about.

Comment

I have played the 1.40 patch but uninstalled and re-installed to 1.25 because I wanted to play something OTHER then highway tampa. I like the map but playing that map for 2-3 weeks straight got kinda stale. I do like the improvements with the new patch (whenever it comes out). And I do enjoy highway tampa but I just wanted to play the other maps as well.

Comment

Originally posted by StarkWolf
                          I have played the 1.40 patch but uninstalled and re-installed to 1.25 because I wanted to play something OTHER then highway tampa. I like the map but playing that map for 2-3 weeks straight got kinda stale. I do like the improvements with the new patch (whenever it comes out). And I do enjoy highway tampa but I just wanted to play the other maps as well.
                          You should have done a bit of research before uninstalling

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                          For future use:
                          1. Make a copy of your BF2142 folder before patching
                          2. Apply the patch.
                          3. Rename your patched BF2142 folder to "BF2142 Beta"
                          4. Rename your copy folder back to BF2142
                          5. Make a copy of your BF2142 desktop shortcut
                          6. Edit its properties so it points at your betafolder, and is named "BF2142 Beta"

Now you can switch between the official and the beta versions without doing anything special, just click on the relevant shortcut.
                          The only caveat is that they share your profile in documents, so if the format of that is changed there might be problems.
                          So make a backup of that too if you are the nervous type

Comment

I believe that they will release 1.4 tomorrow. I think they want to sync the Mac release and 1.4 together so the Mac users can get the 1.4 patch as soon as they start playing.

Comment

Originally posted by rbevan59
                              I believe that they will release 1.4 tomorrow. I think they want to sync the Mac release and 1.4 together so the Mac users can get the 1.4 patch as soon as they start playing.
                              They could have released it a week ago, or a month ago, and Mac users would still be able to get 1.4 as soon as they start playing.

There is no logic in delaying the patch for all of us 99.9% of 2142 players, when it doesnt effect the Mac users anyway if it is released earlia.

Comment

Working...
                              X