Help to find a good Head set!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find a good Head set!

As from now i dnt currently play bF 2142 due to reinstallation problems, my dvd will not read it and comes up with errors. But before i unstalled it due to i thought it was causin problems i wanted to get a head set. I have found one i liked and have put the link below.

Please could you give me or anyone else some tips on buyin one, also one question relating to Bf, when i played BF 2142 before it went werid i could play it on high graphics even tho my graphics card isnt all that good, why would this work on high? Plz if u hav time answer this question too. thank you and hope this helps

i got a set orf razer barracuda's and are worth every penny. I paid 70 quid for mine

have a look

Comment

nice, they look really cool

Comment

mudsa gamers 5.1 surround about £50..

Comment

do any of u guys hav an answer to my other question about my graphics card?

Comment

Originally posted by runduderun
            do any of u guys hav an answer to my other question about my graphics card?
            Most graphic cards nowaday can display the the game at the highest settings the question is can they do that and still maintain a decent frame per second.

You said that your card is not that good but you were able to play at high graphic settings so the question for you is what kind of frame rate were you getting? And what card are you using... maybe it's not that bad of a card.

Comment

im using a nvidia geforce 6800, 256mb, 3D exceleration, vertex and pixel shaders 3.0. i dont no if this is any good or not?

Comment

It would also depend on what resolution you run the game at and maybe the amount of ram you have.

Comment

i hav 1G of ram and i dnt no about the resolusion becuase im tryin to get the game workin. But surely if i did hav really bad FPS then i would get terrible lag and the map would go all wrong?

BTW how do u see ur FPS, is it by lookin at the scores or is that the ping, coz mine is normally 15

Comment

Originally posted by runduderun
                    im using a nvidia geforce 6800, 256mb, 3D exceleration, vertex and pixel shaders 3.0. i dont no if this is any good or not?
                    Is that a 6800GT 256M? I used to play BF2 with that card with no problem before I upgraded to a 7800GTX.

If I remember correctly I used to be able to play at 1024X786 with all medium settings (in BF2) and still maintained a playable frame rate. In the BF series the graphic quality between high and medium is so slight that you can barely see the difference.

It's not a bad card at all, if you don't want to or you can't upgrade the card then just run BF2142 at 1024X768 at medium settings and your frame rate might be OK.

Maybe someone else can chime in if they are using that same card.

Comment

yh i think thats the card, i run it on high and it seems to work fine apart from a 1 sec lag at the start of a server, after that i can play server with out any lagg for the rest of the time i play on it

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx
                        i got a set orf razer barracuda's and are worth every penny. I paid 70 quid for mine

have a look
                        Have you ever run the game with an external 5.1 speaker set? If yes how does the cuda compare to the external speakers?

I'm testing the Turtle Beach HPA2 5.1; from what I've heard the HPA2 is basically a close cousin of the cuda so performance should be similar. Unfortunately the sound location from the 5.1 headset fall way short of my speaker set.

Any advice on how to set up the 5.1 headset for best performance based on your experience?

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx

have a look
                          My mate sent his ones back as the mic on it was guff and kept giving huge amounts of feedback.

Similarly the razer soundcard lead to just as many problems.

IMO they need to iron all the problems out before they become serious contenders.

Originally posted by Fish
                          mudsa gamers 5.1 surround about £50..
                          I use MEDusa's they are generally good, dont get the pro gamer edition as they are rubbish.

Comment

Planetronics FTW:yay:

Comment

Get a pair of wireless Panasonic RP-WF810H's like me

Comment

Working...
                              X