Help building a PC that can handle BF2142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help building a PC that can handle BF2142

Hey guys. Sorry to bother you again and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

With the computer I have I cant run BF2142 with graphics set to medium even. I have to set almost everything to low. I'd like to know what processor, amount of RAM and video card can handle BF2142 cranked up to the max with no problems on windows XP, even if you get into a Titan. Thank you

You need at least 1gig of ram memory...
    and probably a good grapic card... 8800GTS nvida will work
    Well and the titan is always bad so that problem would be hard to fix

Comment

2GB of RAM at a minimum to run it maxed out.

A 7600GS should be fine (I know for a fact that a 7800GT would be ok if you can find one), but you could go with an 8xxx series card if you wanted to have DX10 support for future games in Vista. I personally prefer NVidia...I have no clue what a comparable card would be from ATI.

For processor you might as well go Dual Core at this point unless money is a serious issue. The E6600 from Intel is good (2.4GHz) from what I've read.

I get typically about 80fps with a 256MB 8600GTS, a 2.45GHz AMD 3700+ (yes it's OC'ed) and 3GB of RAM (2GB should be plenty). I do drop to about 30 in the midst of an orbital strike. I never play Titan mode so not much to say about that, but I'm pretty sure I'd be fine. I run everything maxed at 1280x1024. If you're going to run a higher resolution than that you'll want to think about getting a more powerful graphics card.

Comment

Intel released new processors in their core 2 duo series, without lowering the price of the old ones. So an e6550 would be a better choice than e6600.

As for graphics card, don't get too exited over the "DX10 for future games". With an 8800GTS I have to lower all my other graphics when using DX10, so it's sort of useless. I would recommend ATI x1950 pro if you are on a bit of a budget. Cheap and great performance.

Comment

I run everything maxed out (@ 1280x1024) except for AA which is on 2x.
          My specs:
          AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
          Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT 512MB
          1GB RAM
          Onboard Sound ( )
          etc....

Comment

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX
            I run everything maxed out (@ 1280x1024) except for AA which is on 2x.
            My specs:
            AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
            Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT 512MB
            1GB RAM
            Onboard Sound ( )
            etc....
            Same here @ 1280x1024

My specs:
            AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
            2 x Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB (SLi )
            4GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd
              2GB of RAM at a minimum to run it maxed out.

A 7600GS should be fine (I know for a fact that a 7800GT would be ok if you can find one), but you could go with an 8xxx series card if you wanted to have DX10 support for future games in Vista. I personally prefer NVidia...I have no clue what a comparable card would be from ATI.

For processor you might as well go Dual Core at this point unless money is a serious issue. The E6600 from Intel is good (2.4GHz) from what I've read.

I get typically about 80fps with a 256MB 8600GTS, a 2.45GHz AMD 3700+ (yes it's OC'ed) and 3GB of RAM (2GB should be plenty). I do drop to about 30 in the midst of an orbital strike. I never play Titan mode so not much to say about that, but I'm pretty sure I'd be fine. I run everything maxed at 1280x1024. If you're going to run a higher resolution than that you'll want to think about getting a more powerful graphics card.
              I play with a resolution of 1024x768. I dont have a hell of a big monitor so no need to use a higher one.
              Are you sure a good processor and only 2GB or RAM do it? I thought 2GB had problems running it with graphics set to medium. That's good news then :P

As for the rest of you, I dont care about DX10 much either. I wont install Windows Vista anyway, since it's going to give me more problems.

So, in other words, if I dont care about DX10, I should pick the 7600? And how better is the 8600gts than the 8600gt? Thank you.

Comment

2GB is more than enough RAM. For a better idea on Graphics Cards, check out the VGA Charts on Tomshardware They are not a perfect comparison, but they will give you an idea

Comment

Ok ty.

What about Intel and AMD processors? I heard that dual core processors have problems with games, and that only AMD released a "patch" that fixes this problem. If I bought an Intel processor how would I fix it? Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X