No announcement yet.

One thing I like about BF2142 over BF2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I like about BF2142 over BF2.

BFII takes so dam long to load, up to 25 minutes in some cases.:shakehead:

Originally posted by FURRY BIRD
    **** pc..

thats not the games fault.. it can only work with what its given

Comment

It is weird that 2142 always loads in half the time.

Comment

2142's engine is a revamped version from BF2's,, even now in 2142 there are some graphics cards that were unsupported in BF2 that work fine,

Comment

ive heard bf2142 only reads the first bytes and the last 20 bytes in every md5 file etc instead of bf2 wich reads every single byte in the files.

Comment

Originally posted by dtneter View Post
            ive heard bf2142 only reads the first bytes and the last 20 bytes in every md5 file etc instead of bf2 wich reads every single byte in the files.
            By doing this they would have already compromized the integrity of using the MD5 in the first place so why not just throw out MD5 altogether and reduce the loading time even more

Comment

I can load up a map in under 2 minutes with my pc.... but I have an E6600 C2D processor, 2 healthy gigs 'o RAM and an 8800 GTS. Spend 309482384723075273 hours at the local supermarket for my precious :P

Comment

309482384723075273 hours
                I'd call the police.

Comment

i have e6600, 8800gts640,sata2 HD and 4 gigs in my pc and first round of the day loads in half a minute, after that the maps seem to load faster, turn my head and i might miss it

Comment

It is weird that 2142 always loads in half the time.
                    Whaha if it takes you 12 min to load a map.. you should thinking of buying a new pc

Comment

ANYWAY... Another thing I like about 2142 is the versatility of the classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle View Post
                        ANYWAY... Another thing I like about 2142 is the versatility of the classes.
                        I also like this. However, I was really looking forward to creating pseudo "custom classes" by being able to mix and match unlocks as DICE originally intended. I understand why they made the decision to axe this, but it would be interesting to completely customize a soldier and his kit.

Comment

I like the balance myself, and the psuedo realism over the bloody jump to prone rubbish in BF2. and the guns actually sound better, but the sound effects are still absolutely appalling for a game, in no other game do i have to turn off my speakers out out of pain!

BF2 sniping was more fun though, better maps, more relatable, and just had more character no?

Comment

I like the maps in 2142 more the BF2 maps didn't seem war like to me.

Comment

i find the maps in bf2 seem much more warlike than the maps in 2142.

Comment

Working...
                              X