Undecided about weapon unlock, come help me! :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undecided about weapon unlock, come help me! :P

Hey people. I'm kinda new to BF2142. I have been playing it for a week now and I'll get my weapon unlock this weekend.

In BF2 I run as a medic almost all the time because I like to revive people and heal them, and I'd like to do the same here in BF2142. But I have two questions.

First, what's better? The Baur or the Voss assault rifles?

Second, if I picked the Voss, could I combine it with the "rocket launcher"? (or however the unlock before the Baur is called) / If I picked the Baur, would I be able to choose the heal bag when I run with that weapon?

Thank you very much

All assault guns can have all items.
    Baur has a small mag and high recoil, it's mostly for longer range fights and short bursts, it takes a while to get used to it.
    Voss has a 40 round magazine and is great for short/medium range firefights and is generally considered to take less skill to use than the Baur.

Comment

Go to the voss first.

Use it until you unlock the baur.

You will almost always want to go defrib/rocket for you equipment.

After you unlock the baur you can experiment with it.

People will call you a n00b for using voss, but they're just mad 'cus they got owned 1 to many time by a pro vosser.

Comment

Have you unlocked the enhanced sprint, recovery, med pack, and defib yet? If you like playing medic then those will give you a better return than an upgrade rifle.

Having said that, if choosing a rifle I'd recommend the Voss over the Baur because it's easier to use from the start.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though since the awards in 2142 is pretty generous so you'll be getting more unlocks in no time so you can try them both.

Comment

i use both, it depends on how the gameplay is and wich weapon fits to the gameplay in the server.

Comment

go fo the voss - you can then learn how to use the baur when your getting a bit bored.Try not to stick to one class;get the badges for all of them - the engineer and support service badges are dead easy to get just look at the comprehensive awards guide -all you have to do is get repair points and supply points.They have got to be the easiest silvers/golds to get ...can someone tell me how to spell easiest;my brain aint workin

Comment

easiest

Comment

Alright, this is an age old debate and personally you can't go wrong with any of the assault rifles. Baur, Kylov, Voss, and SCAR are all great options. Baur is more of a medium-long range rifle and requires a greater degree of accuracy due to it's smaller clip. The voss is your standard spray and pray gun, large clip best used in CQC on full auto. The other two rifles are essentially hybrids of the voss/baur.

Comment

I think getting the Baur first is a good idea. People who unlock and start using the Voss early seems to be unable to use anything else later on.

Comment

If you're wondering why you're getting such conflicting information, it's because contrary to popular belief all four assault rifles are roughly even with regards to efficacy. The solid recommendations for each are derived from the fact that they're tailored to different styles of play, and thus players. Therefore someone who likes to play a certain way will always recommend weapon X.

The general lowdown of the rifles is that the Voss fires the most bullets per clip out of the assault rifles, but doesn't necessarily have the best accuracy. As such, it's not quite so good over long range, but is an absolute beast at other ranges. It is generally considered a good all-purpose weapon as it is perfectly capable of dispatching enemies at all ranges. This is a superb weapon for people who tend to panic when surprised by an enemy.

The Baur goes to the other end of the scale, with long-range accuracy pretty much on par with a sniper rifle. However, it comes with the least bullets out of all the assault rifles and has demonic recoil/deviation; therefore, you need to limit yourself to 2 or 3 shot bursts. Each bullet also does more damage than any of the other assault rifles, making this a weapon ideal for people who like the feeling of tactically using as few bullets as possible and keeping their cool when under fire to make sure they're accurate.

The two default rifles are very similar, and are a balance between the Voss and Baur. In other words, take the attributes of the Voss and Baur, tone them down a little, and you effectively have these weapons; as such, they are very popular with players who prefer flexibility rather than excelling in a particular environment (ie: are comforted by using a jack of all trades) -- even if it takes a few more shots to do the job.

That's how I see them, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Strike1.Tango View Post
                      People who unlock and start using the Voss early seems to be unable to use anything else later on.
                      Not me I'm good w/ all guns. (Best w/ krylov tho')

Comment

ahh, the game could always use more dedicated combat medics.

you'll want the sprint unlocks if you love reviving and tossing the vicodin around.

as for the voss vs. baur: just use your field upgrades for now and see which you like better. then chose wisely.

Comment

Wow so many replies. I thank all of you for the help. I think I'm going to get the Voss first, then the sprint, etc. Upgrades and when I have a point to spare get the unlocks to eventually get the Baur. Any other thoughts are appreciated. Thanks again to everyone for the help. Ryan, nice post btw

Comment

I'd really recommend NOT choosing the weapon unlock before you unlock the player abilities. The stamina+sprint upgrades are worth their weight in gold. The grenades are important, too. The default ARs, SCAR and Krylov are very good weapons and will get you plenty of kills. The player abilities are what allows you to perform your role and earn max points. They allow you to move around the battlespace without being at a disadvantage to the others who already have them. But, it's your call.

Comment

I would get some stamina first.

Comment

Working...
                              X