The repeating patch problem......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The repeating patch problem......

First off, I know this has been discussed in the install probs sticky thread, but I didn't see a clear answer for it there and felt it warranted it's own thread.

Now, after un-installing 2142 some time back, I recently decided to start playing again. So, I re-installed, and looked for the latest patch.

Downloaded the full 1.25 patch from EA link, then tried installing that.

Now, I my screen intermittently turns white while the patch is going on, and at the end it just loops back to the beginning!

Eventually, I just went into task manager and ended it. Going into the server browser, I saw that I could join most servers, yet when the client verification ends, I either CTD, or get a punkbuster warning for "modified content".

What's going on here?!?

I've tried re-installing twice already.

I've tried the full 1.40 BETA patch and that loops too!

Come to think of it, I got white flashs then too.......

Are you sure its actually looping? How long have you been leaving it for? The first time I ran 1.40 I thought it was looping and ended its process and then later on I realised that if you just leave it for ages it does eventually complete.

Of course that might not be the case here but it's worth the check.

Comment

Well the "overall progress" bar does go to 100 before starting again......

I guess it's worth a try, I will leave it for an hour and see if it actually finishes.

Comment

I'm not 100% on this but I think the way the 2142 patching process works is the full patches actually just contain all the incremental patches in one. So for example the 1.25 patch would loop 6 times and 1.40 would loop 7 times.

Comment

Heheh, yeah, it worked perfectly.

......I feel kinda stupid now :dead:

......Er, Welcome to TBF2142 Forums!

You sir, deserve the "best first post" award.

Comment

lol thanks

Comment

Working...
            X