Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do ppl get mad when killed with RDX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To please the vast majority of the players out htere, DICE should put an option to have all the kill messages appear as:

"Someone [lamenoobweapon] You" if the killer used some other weapon than what you are carrying.

If the killer used the same weapon as you, then it should say:
    "Someone [skillzweapon in a noob way] You"

But seriously, the more i play, the less time i spend thinking someone is using "a noob weapon in a lame way", because you can usually find some way to get back/pwn at him or to play your game without him ruining it.

Comment

That way youre fine. Its the same way I got my RDX batch.

People thing that you where an RDX whore and just jumped in there group, throwing down an RDX and blew up the whole thing. And that was the only tactic you where using.

Comment

im mad, but not at you, at dice, for letting ff off effect its user. if ff only applied to your team, i dont think anyone would ***** about c4, and if they did, they would just be bitches. i didnt say that very clearly, but basically im saying that wheather you have ff on or not, you should be able to hurt yourself with your own weapons.

Comment

Thanks for the very insightful replies, i will bring more hell with my RDX. It's fun seing bodies flying around.

And as far as the need to get every badge, pin or Ribbon..... It's something fun to do and it makes me explore other parts of the game. I would of stopped playing this game along time ago if all i did was be an assault guy. Same ol' same ol'. The badges and ribbons make me switch my role. Right now i am trying to get some more head shot pins, so i am going to snipe a little more. I just like this whole collecting and stats thing. It adds a little something extra to the game, for me.

Comment

FF Off servers are for more than c4 hopping though, and it is quite annoying that you cant go on a single one without there being 3/4 bunny hopping c4 maggots.

Comment

if no ones watching the squads back just run in and lay rdx and press button;ignore abuse..the titan is the best place to do this for the explosive badge - especially when their is one console left and you are defending;you can kill like 4-5 players at once and your badge is in the bag.I quite often go recon for titan defence and I love to vary where I place my explosives every time;Ive never really had that much abuse...players forget that someone might be going for their explosive gold so stuff em...

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post

And as far as the need to get every badge, pin or Ribbon..... It's something fun to do and it makes me explore other parts of the game.
                I surely can understand this point of view. For me the game is all about teamplay and I personally feel that as a recon I can't support this very well. So I simply have given up playing this role and stick to being a behind-the-lines-medic with my golden-defib ! BTW it's the same reason why I have barely played commander. It is quite boring to me...ergo I will *never* be able to get all the ribbons/badges/whatever. I would have to work for those things without having fun...which would ruin the whole sense of playing anyways (imho that is).

Comment

if you ask me i think RDX are fine, until you get to a campgibralter server with FF=Off, then all hell breaks lose because a flood of rdx hoppers charge pac and you can spawn withought being killed by some rdx hopper.. it is quite annoying, but otherwise i dont care, i mean like in titan, i know that if i go into a console hallway, i could be killed by RDX, the same if i drop down in a vent, the only thing i can do i use my shotgun to kill the guy before he can click the trigger

Comment

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS ALLLLLLLLLL OF THE SCRIPT RDX BUNNY PEOPLE. I could care less if it was the normal time, but since people run a script PICKLE POWER! Their demo pack comes out soooo fast. And its only way he can kill, besides an apc and apm lol.

I think they should make all servers FF= ON at 50% or something around that. So you can still die from RDX hopping, but not kill other members too fast.
                    But you have too many noob clans that lack alot of skills when they ALL just drop demo packs, I know some might read this and think I could be butt sore, but that is not the case, I own almost all RDX bunny hoppers, as I never get near them, and its just to easy for me to hit them when they are that close. So if they have a demo pack out and are not within 5-10m they are 80% dead.

Sniper King.
                    Not always getting head shots, just hitting the body will do.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
                      Oh man, i remember when i was after my gold explosives badge... After killing the same dudes to the same spot like 6-7 times, the chat started to fill up with "You n00b! Stop spamming!" and all the other sh1t( i can't really post them here)

But i just kept blowing them up for the next few rounds until i got my badge.

You just need to ignore all the 12 year old kids crying about you messing them up...
                      Just tell them you're helping them get a medal: The Purple Heart :laugh:

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
                      I was going for my gold explosives pin yesterday, so i picked up my RDX and APMs. I rarely use the RDX, but i had no choice if i wanted that pin. I was getting UAVs at the right time so as soon as i saw a big pile around a corner, i layed down some RDX stepped back and waited for them to aproach. When they approached i blew up 5 guys and shortly after i killed them, i saw in Red "Oh great a C4 spamming n00b". So i replied "FF is on, stop complaining cuz you got blown up."

So what is it about the RDX that just pisses ppl off? Is setting up a C4 trap a "n00b" tactic? If so why aren't grenades pissing people off, they can be thrown furter. I see why ppl get upset when it happens to them in the titan vents and corridors (Because they are so narrow it's a guaranteed kill. But out in the open i don't get it.

I finished that round with 14 RDX kills and as soon as i got my badge i stopped using it or else i felt a kick vote coming my way.

I've never really had any complaints when using RDX or APM's myself. I'm not a bunny hopper, but I set traps all over the place.

I happened to get my Explosive Silver and Explosive Gold badges in the same round. Didn't even know I had the gold until the round was over.

(Btw, I hate it when the award doesn't show up on the screen when you get it... anyone else ever have that problem??)

Comment

You should see people cry and whine when they run past my APM traps.

I just laugh it off. Especially, when the APM was guarding a flag.

"OMFG THATS SO LAME, I just ran half the map to be killed by some hacker's APM"

Its not my fault you didn't look round a corner before you charged past, with that "Take a Flag" tunnel Vision.

Comment

Why don't people like been killed by RDX.
                          because,
                          you can see your body fly halfway across the map when it happens.
                          I personally think RDX checking on a FF=On server is very skilful.

Comment

its just annoeying because they had no chance to fight back and have to wait aother 15 seconds to spawn. APms are the worsebecause the user doesnt even have to be near

Comment

The only rdx usage that pisses me off is the kind where people swarm into a static spawnpoint (camp gib pac base) and run around droppng rdx, jumping around in the explosion and spawnkilling everyone, then apm it all, die, and repeat.

Otherwise im a fan of rdx, i love trapping flags and blowing people up when they try to cap it.

Comment

Originally posted by Miniman
                                APms are the worsebecause the user doesnt even have to be near
                                APMs use to annoy me the most. But now i always check where i run towards. It helps that they lowered the distance from which they are triggered. They weren't nerfed, they just got brought down to reality. You can still get plenty of APM kills. So it's all good

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
                                I surely can understand this point of view. For me the game is all about teamplay and I personally feel that as a recon I can't support this very well. So I simply have given up playing this role and stick to being a behind-the-lines-medic with my golden-defib ! BTW it's the same reason why I have barely played commander. It is quite boring to me...ergo I will *never* be able to get all the ribbons/badges/whatever. I would have to work for those things without having fun...which would ruin the whole sense of playing anyways (imho that is).
                                I agree, commanding is a tad boring. Eventually i will start getting those ribbons and badges with time. I have played a total of 600 hrs and only like 18 of them as commander. I am not eager to get these things. The medal i feel i will never get is the 100hrs in a Air vehicle and 8000 kills one.......lol

Comment

Working...
                                X