An idea to promote customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea to promote customization

Instead of the medic/ammo pack and wrench being default to slot 4, what if they made grenade slot 4 and the ammo/medic/wrench would still be available, but you would have to put it in slot 5 and 6. So instead of having defib/rockets all the time for assault, there would be medic pack/defib, rockets/medic pack, defib/meic pack, etc.

And sniper would get the same amount of items as everyone else. Engineer and support would also have to make harder decisions on which item to bring. (do I bring the mine bait or vehicle radar, pulse scanner or ammo box?)

But then no one ever brings defib because then they can't heal themselves. All you'll see is medpak+PK.

Support will bring the portable UAV thing and ammo...

Engi will most likely still take the repair tool with MMB.

Mainly, why do you want to make less people have these items which are meant to help teammates and promote working together?

Why not just Recon 3 item slots?

Comment

If we let recon have 3 customizable items, then do you think the other classes should be able to remove thier slot 4 item and replace it with another? Just a question.

Comment

I think there should be a 3rd armour preference.

You should be able to go Heavy, light, naked.
        Playing naked gives you crappy protection and you lose all your slots, extra ammo, and back up weapons (because you ain't gots not pockets), but you can run really fast. In fact, you're just sorta naturally inclined to run really fast with your jewel bag all swing 'round 'n stuff, ya know?

*ahem*
        Sorry... ah, what were we talking about?

Comment

It's not a bad idea, but...

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
          But then no one ever brings defib because then they can't heal themselves. All you'll see is medpak+PK

Comment

recon needs a passive assist slot, medic has medkit, support has ammo, engy has wrench, recon needs... something

what's a recon-esque assist ability?

Comment

Hmmm. Something like binoculars or something. High tech binoculars. Heat vision? Infrared? I mean it is recon. Something that allows to spot units more effectively??

Comment

Maybe they could get the stabilizer free, but kinda dumbed down, and then unlock an upgraded version of it?

Comment

It should be like CoD. Sway is random, all directions. You could hold your breath for a short time, and if you ran out of air, the scope would start moving like crazy cause of the breathing. The Gruber would work the same way, except it lasts longer and there's no need to take deep breaths at the end of each stabilization.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle View Post
                    Hmmm. Something like binoculars or something. High tech binoculars. Heat vision? Infrared? I mean it is recon. Something that allows to spot units more effectively??
                    Hmmm thats actully a really awsome idea. Make it so left click puts it up and dwon and right click switches between heat vision and normal. Maybe add infared on Leipzig.

Comment

Originally posted by WarGimp View Post

Playing naked gives you crappy protection and you lose all your slots, extra ammo, and back up weapons (because you ain't gots not pockets), but you can run really fast. In fact, you're just sorta naturally inclined to run really fast with your jewel bag all swing 'round 'n stuff, ya know?

*ahem*
                      Oh, I'm crying I'm lauhging so hard. :laugh: That is probably the best laugh I've had on these forums. Of course to keep it with a Teen rating it would be blurred around the *ahem* waist area, like permanent active camo for the "gear" you were born with.

Comment

I wouldn't want to revive that person if he's down.

Comment

*ahem*
                          That would be a ruckus but I'm not looking forward to seeing a bunch of naked guys running (and dangling) around on the battlefied:shock:

Comment

Originally posted by DeathEngineer View Post
                            That would be a ruckus but I'm not looking forward to seeing a bunch of naked guys running (and dangling) around on the battlefied:shock:
                            It would certainly add a special *something* to teabagging, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
                              Oh, I'm crying I'm lauhging so hard. :laugh: That is probably the best laugh I've had on these forums. Of course to keep it with a Teen rating it would be blurred around the *ahem* waist area, like permanent active camo for the "gear" you were born with.

Reminds me of one of the most 'uncomfortable' playing experiences I've had on PS2 playing Metal Gear Solid. For those who don't know (or have had enough therapy to get those images out of their heads) Raiden was a male (almost androgynous) character in the game. One of the level had Raiden escape from a torture device without a stitch of clothing on and then had to finish the rest of the level buck naked... that's including all the climbing, running, cart-wheeling, crouching, crawling, and but kicking. Being that the game was a third-person shooter you were constantly looking at this naked guy running around:shock:.

The camera angle was controlled by the game and the game designer actually did a pretty good job of positioning the camera so that there was always something covering his vitals.. a box, a table, a gun, etc... even with the fancy camera work it was still pretty weird:dead:

It would certainly add a special *something* to teabagging, wouldn't it?
                              Oh dear lord that would scar me for life!!!!:dead::shock::dead::dead:

Comment

Working...
                              X