is etqw gonna be any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is etqw gonna be any good?

i know some will moan about the thread but tbh i dont play any other game then bf2142 so il be looking to play a second game soon

i noticed people are talking about bioshock. whats the deal with it as it looks like some underwater diving fps game?

i was looking at some etqw screenies and they look pretty impressivehttp://www.gamershell.com/pc/enemy_territory_quake_wars/screenshots.html?page=1

just wondered which would be better to purchase outta the two?

I played the ET:QW beta. It's crap!

Comment

depends...... bioshock is sp only and is bassically like playing a novel personally i think it looks reallly interesting with a deep stroyline and stuff, if you like the HL series you'll like it

etqw is a completly different game as its a frag fest, ok its got teamplay stuff but i heard the weapons take little to no skill to use and from what ive seen if you like previous quakes youll like it, but if your expecting a 2142 stlye game forget it.

Comment

For replay value get Quake Wars, since it's a multiplayer game. Though after playing in the BETA i'm not really that interested in it. I feel like i've played all it really has to offer.

BioShock doesnt have a multiplayer, it's single player story based. Single player is what i go for primarily in a game. It's what games should be about. If it's anything like System Shock and Deus Ex, then it will probably have quite good replay value too.

I suppose it's about what you prefer.

If you want an experience, get BioShock.

If you want a multiplayer FPS with longevity, then get Quake Wars.

Comment

cheers guys. i was looking for multiplayer based action but il see if etqw is good after release before purchasing it.

i do like sp games but id get tired of it after completing it once

Comment

it suxxx COD4 is goin to own fps gaming in the near future

Comment

Yeah, COD4 looks very nice.

Comment

I'm not sure about ET:QW, it looks good but people say it's not that fun, and COD4 is going to be a killer game when it;s released.

(Salutes Infinity Ward)

Comment

I was involved with the beta testing of ET:QW and IMPO i though it was a terrible game, way too arcady for me and is not a scratch on 2142, also i did not witness one bit of squad/teamplay on multiplayer!

Absolute "BLAaaaaaaah" one game i will not be purchasing.

Comment

Quake Wars is just a bunch of spray and pray...quick action and quick deaths...no skill required. Not my cup of tea. Bio- Shock on the other hand is SP only and will definitly not be fun after my first time through so I fee the same way.....I think Crysis is going to be the next game I buy.

Has anyone seen the new ID game (Rage).....google it sorry I dont have time to post a link....based off John Cormacks new Tech 5 engine it looks very impressive.

-Enfamous

Comment

ET:QW looks great but people who have played it are disappointed. I trust the opinions of quite a few people who've said that.

I just got Bioshock and it's cool. Right now it is singleplayer, but after playing it, I'm sure that they will mod it with a multiplayer mode in the future as they emphasized how extensible it is while stating that they did not want to release with multiplayer because it would diminish the storyline. It is like playing a novel and it's a pretty entertaining shooter. The interesting thing is that there is a 'sandbox' component which allows you to play it differently each time you must complete a task.

You can Hack (as in computer tech), you can Shoot, you can use special biogenetic abilities, etc. There are a ton of upgrades to your character available. It is really, really well done. Beautiful to experience like Myst, it is the sound effects, the storyline and the immersive environment which makes this game shine.

However, this would be GREAT as a multiplayer game. I suspect that it was easy to complete a well-done singleplayer game with a 'surprize' multiplayer extension coming out after everyone has finished the singleplayer. That's my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel View Post
                        ET:QW looks great but people who have played it are disappointed. I trust the opinions of quite a few people who've said that.

I just got Bioshock and it's cool. Right now it is singleplayer, but after playing it, I'm sure that they will mod it with a multiplayer mode in the future as they emphasized how extensible it is while stating that they did not want to release with multiplayer because it would diminish the storyline. It is like playing a novel and it's a pretty entertaining shooter. The interesting thing is that there is a 'sandbox' component which allows you to play it differently each time you must complete a task.

You can Hack (as in computer tech), you can Shoot, you can use special biogenetic abilities, etc. There are a ton of upgrades to your character available. It is really, really well done. Beautiful to experience like Myst, it is the sound effects, the storyline and the immersive environment which makes this game shine.

However, this would be GREAT as a multiplayer game. I suspect that it was easy to complete a well-done singleplayer game with a 'surprize' multiplayer extension coming out after everyone has finished the singleplayer. That's my prediction.
                        F.E.A.R. was single player at first but they released a multiplayer portion for it, dont see why one cant be made for this game.

Comment

ETQW is a great game if you like ET, i played the castle Wolf et so was used to the new version but after playing Battlefield i didnt like the pace and gameplay, infinite sprint is a bit meh

Bioshock for singleplayer, its challenging, fun to play has an awesome setting and story, basically its a single player game of half life calibre which can be hard to find

Stalker is also fun but its a bit hit and miss in terms of performance

Comment

ETQW - I had it on pre-order, but there wasn't enough improvement in beta 2 so I cancelled the order. I'll probably still get it at some point, but I'm not paying full price for it.

The TK'ing level is quite high, it's just too easy to make a mistake and having 'Quake' in the title gives you a clue to the kind of numpties that heavily populate this game, so expect to be insta-punished alot.

I'm also not a big fan of all the dancing about while shooting. Shame, as the game had such potential.

A think this is a definite try-before-you-buy game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bioshock is an excellent game, and you could easily replay it a couple of times or more minimum, even if only to see both endings. However it's only SP, so not really a long lasting game, a couple of weeks at most and you'll be more than ready to move on.

Unless it's something you really want to play (and discuss) while it's the 'latest and greatest' you may want to hold off and pick it up on the cheap at a later date.

Comment

The funny thing from what ive heard about ET:QW is that it was almost like it was designed for slower pace, (like battlefields pacing) with ironsights, building construction, etc, but it almost seemed the devs changed their minds at the last second and made the pace make all these things obsolete.

"hey bill we got a real tops teamplay game here, you can build stuff, has ironsights and vehicles, great visuals and some nifty teamwork fucntions!!"

"hey i know! lets make quake 2 with a tank!!1!"

its sorta wierd, i think alotta people expected something only slightly faster than battlefield series, obviously they were mistaken, now we have quake 2 on a giant *** map, hoorah!

Comment

Working...
                              X