BF2142 closes whenever I want to load a map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 closes whenever I want to load a map

Ok, now that I solved the problem with the drive I still cant play. Whenever I want to load a map it doesnt even get to the load screen and it crashes to desktop with no error message. It's happened 2 times already, and I doubt it's still a firmware problem. Any help? Thank you.

Try manually updating punkbuster and install pbsvc
    Or maybe your cd key is messed up in the registry, try re-entering your cd-key using Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\Support\Battlefield 2142_code.exe

Comment

Does it close when you join a multi player server or go on Single player?

Comment

Only when I want to load a single player map. Actually after I posted for the first time in here, I rebooted and then it worked. But now it's happening again. Plus, my computer seems to not recognize the DVD all the time. At times I have to clean the DVD with a wet piece of cloth and then it'll read it, or open and close the DVD drive until it reads it.

I'm wondering, maybe the DVD has a manufacturing defect or something and I should get another one? Becase I bought it less than a week ago, and if it's something related to the DVD I'm making sure I replace it for free while I can. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Comment

You can also use a crack. I am using one at the moment cause my DVD Drive is defect.

Comment

I thought that was illegal and that PB kicks/bans you from the game.

Comment

Then you shouldn't use one. As for me, I couldn't care less.

Comment

Ok lol... Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                X