Recover lost CD key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recover lost CD key?

I'm terribly sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the forum a lot with no luck. Anyway, here we go:

... I've lost my manual with the CD key. :cry: I'm pretty sure it's still in my room, although I've been looking for it in over a month. I must have put it in a book or something

I've always made backups of the CD keys in case I lose it, although I didn't remember to do this with BF2142... I don't have any major problems with the game and I don't need a reinstall, I'm just wondering if there's any way to get access to the CD key without the manual?

I know that in some games, you only have to type the CD key once and after that it's saved in the system registry... Meaning that if you have to reinstall the game you don't have to enter the key again unless you're on another computer. Is this true for BF2142?

If the above is not true, is there still a way to get the CD key from the system registry/game files? So I can write it down and save it I mean

I still have the game installed and I love to play it, so if I need to reinstall I'd like to know this.

Anyone can help? Please tell me! :yay:

Cheers, -(UtC)- Iquere

(oh and by the way, I have patch 1.25 if it matter at all)

you can still get your cd key out of your registry but i cant help you now homework is killing me

also i think if you uninstall it will remove your key out of the registry.

Comment

Great! Can you help me later perhaps?

Comment

Got it.
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Electronic Arts>EA Games>Battlefield 2142>ergc

It should be x9392 then your CD key.

Comment

Cool thanks! I'll have a look at it.

Actually I don't have the same numbers in the beginning as you but other than that you're totally right... thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X