Just a big mess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a big mess...

I have 3 problems. MY story: I got the freezing at around 60% of loading a map. At this point nothing would work to get me out, except manually rebooting my computer. I could not fix it, so I resorted to reinstalling. Once I attempted to reinstall, I would get this message at about 1/5 the way of the installation. The message that popped up, and the point at which it stopped:

Click the bar above the picture, it helps make the text a bit larger so it's legible.

I couldn't get past this no matter how many times I tried. So as a last resort, I used the computer's System Restore, to get back to the time when 2142 was working fine, 2 days ago. Now I can't UNINSTALL 2142. I get a message whenever I used ANY method of removing 2142, and 2142 only. The message is something along the lines of this:

Setup.exe has run into a problem and must close, sorry for the inconvenience.

Now I'm no computer expert, far from, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :shakehead:

Comment

EDIT: Whenever I attempt to start BF2142, the window comes up and asks the same set of questions as if it were still installed. When I go into Advanced Options, I select Uninstall and then it goes into the Installation process. It then continues to install to the point at which it stops, as I mentioned in my Screenshot. Please help!

Comment

Did you manually uninstall the game and then try re-installing? It would be a good idea to end any unnecessary background processes before you re-install.

Comment

Originally posted by Natt View Post
          Did you manually uninstall the game and then try re-installing? It would be a good idea to end any unnecessary background processes before you re-install.
          I did it manually by clearing my registry. I ended every single unnecessary background program and nothing. Any other ideas? PLEASE HELP.:dead:

I'm way past angry right now so please excuse me if I sound rude.:cry:

Comment

Try Manual install:

1. Double-click My Computer.
            2. Right-click on the Local Disk C and choose Open.
            3. Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
            4. Name the folder Disk Images it is important that the name has a space in it.
            5. Double-Click the new Disk Images folder to open it.
            6. Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
            7. Name this folder Disk1.
            8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk2 and Disk3 for Disk1. It is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number. If you have the DVD version you will only need the Disk1 folder.
            9. Insert Disk 1 of Battlefield 2142 into your disk drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.
            10. Double-click My Computer to open it.
            11. Right-click on your disk drive and choose Open.
            12. When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.
            13. All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.
            14. Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the disk into the Disk1 folder.
            15. Repeat steps 9 through 14 for Disk 2 and Disk 3 until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder. If you have the DVD version, you will not need to perform this step.
            16. Once the disks have been copied, remove ALL disks from any drives.
            17. Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.
            18. To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation has completed.

If you receive an error whilst copying the files this means the disk is either damaged or defective. If the disk is clean with no visible scratches/damage, you should exchange your copy for a new one through the store of purchase or Ea's Warranty Department

Comment

Well, turns out there is an error occuring within my 'data2' file of 2142. What should I do?

Will buying a new copy of 2142 solve my problem? Though it would be my last option.

Comment

If the disc is damaged, read 'Limited Warranty' on page 22 of the manual or exchange your copy for a new one through the store of purchase or Ea's Warranty Department

Comment

Is there any way to repair the disc? I had a Game Doctor hanging around here somewhere. I used it for console games a while back. :hmm:

Comment

Working...
                  X