Vehicle stealing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle stealing

Hi all. I'm an avid gunship pilot and i have this question to ask you. Sometimes, there are more than 2 people waiting on the titan deck for the gunship to spawn...and clearly since the gunship can only house 2 people, there's always gonna be someone left out and most of the time he will start swearing, kick vote, or even ban you if he's an admin. Of course, now you all might say, well that's what you deserve for stealing his gunship, but do you really do that?

I mean, how can you call it vehicle stealing since it's not YOUR vehicle. You don't have a license plate :laugh:, an id, nothing. So technically, it's there for everybody's taking.
    Another argument would be the fact that we all payed the same amount of money for this game, thus we all deserve the right to use a vehicle as much as the others.
    So, i'm curious, what's your opinion on this?

Cheers

First come, first serve I say. If there is a good Gunship crew who dutifully spawn back for it every time, then leave it to them. Likewise, if you're the first there and have a copilot, they should give it up. I would say that a solo Gunship pilot should normally give precedence to a communicating 2 person crew unless that crew is truly awful, in which case, joining their squad and talking might help.

Queue jumping and teamkilling for vehicles just hurts your team.

Comment

Thanks Bommando for your quick response.

The only time i take a gunship from a flying team is when they suck, meaning either they cannont get out of the hanger without getting killed by the AA, constantly being taken down by the enemy gunship, or even more aggravating, when they just go to the end of the map and sit there, god knows what doing there (*fap*) :laugh:

Comment

I think you (or whoever blamed you for vehicle stealing after you did what you described above) got the term "vehicle stealing" wrong.

If the server info says "no vehicle stealing" it means that you're not allowed to go into the enemys uncappable base to take e.g. their gunship, so that your team has 2 and the other has none.

Otherwise it's first come first serve.

Comment

mmm I would define vehicle stealing as when an engineer gets out to fix it and some jack *** jumps in and rides off into the sunset - what you're describing is vehicle hogging.The worst case Ive come across on a pub server was the other day - can't remember the guys name but he had big orange letters on his chat.Basically he was saying he didnt want a gunner/the gunship was his everyone get out etc etc so the next round I switch teams and jump in the gunner seat;this bloke spams 'get out get out'.I ignore him,we fly into the out of bounds and die.we respawn he TKs me.I punish him and initiate a kick vote ;I type in chat 'kick this bloke for being a spoilt brat' he must of annoyed ..loads of players coz he was kicked straight away of a 40 man server...if players want toget all serious and concentreate on using one particular vehicle go and join a clan and have play clan matches you can't expect to bagsie a vehicle on a pub server..PS taking vehicles from enemy uncap falls under the term base rape imo

Comment

Originally posted by ICE*T View Post
            PS taking vehicles from enemy uncap falls under the term base rape imo
            I think it's fine to nick a FAV if you went in to the enemy uncap to blow commander assets and want to get the hell out of there.

Comment

Ok, since you guys brought this up.

I was kicked by an admin from a 24/7 suez titan only server for vehicle stealing. I have no ideea why since there where only 2 of us on the titan deck. Probably an overzealous admin..who knows/who cares?

Anyway, regarding the terms of spawn raping and entering uncaps.

I think that spawn raping should only reffer to vehicle spawn raping, meaning you're in their uncap, in an apc/tank or smth and killing everybody that spawns..If you're just a soldier in their uncap and shooting everyone then how can it be a spawn rape? I mean, you won't last long anyway and what's the difference between killing somebody in the uncap and outside of the uncap? You spawn with the primary weapon in hand, you have plenty of time to react...I was killed numerously times in the uncap and i didn't kick vote once, probably because after my second spawn his tags were in my hand :P

And about entering uncaps....Errr, sorry but why shouldn't i? It's a part of the map, i should be allowed to enter uncaps to destroy assets,STEAL vehicles (why not?) and kill infantry without vehicle. It's not like when two countries fight a war they say...You see this white line? Do not cross! and the other guy says, yeah ok.

It's just that i'm getting a bit annoyed with abussive server admins that restrict the gameplay and thus take out some fun out of it. I mean, being in the PAC uncap in Gibraltar and knowing that you can have enemies spawn behind you at any given moment is such a rush.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcLeod View Post
                I think it's fine to nick a FAV if you went in to the enemy uncap to blow commander assets and want to get the hell out of there.
                and so does everyone else i think you'll find

Originally posted by [WF=YD]Razvan View Post

And about entering uncaps....Errr, sorry but why shouldn't i? It's a part of the map, i should be allowed to enter uncaps to destroy assets,STEAL vehicles (why not?) and kill infantry without vehicle. It's not like when two countries fight a war they say...You see this white line? Do not cross! and the other guy says, yeah ok.

why not? Because most servers specify that only recon should enter uncaps to destroy assets and leave in an fav ;thats why.. not always the case but commonly so;you should respect server rules because at the end of the day someone else is paying for it;if you like to hang around in an uncap go and play on an anything goes server,or prepared to be kicked alot:laugh:it's not real war dude it's a game..

Comment

Well it's a war simulation. In BF2 there were custom scripts that would prevent enemies from entering uncaps. So when you approached you were automatically pushed out. So, there is a way to stop people from entering uncaps, but since DICE didn't implement it, i guess it's okay to enter uncaps.

Yes, i completely understand that the server owner is paying and this "Kinda" gives him the right to set the rules, this is why i brought this up here..Because i want to hear a different point of view.

Can anybody give me another argument why i shouldn't enter an uncap besides that some admin is saying not to?

Comment

Originally posted by [WF=YD]Razvan View Post

I just love these "real war" comparisons.

BF2142 is about having fun, war is not. Let's end the comparisons there.

You can also kick the opponent in the groin when playing soccer... Most people won't probably approve that but you really can do it if you insist on having it your way and don't care about the other players.

Of course it's ok on servers that allow kicking in the groin... i mean... baseraping (allthough i don't like it any more then)

Comment

Originally posted by NoseKi||s View Post
                      I just love these "real war" comparisons.

BF2142 is about having fun, war is not. Let's end the comparisons there.

)
                      couldn't agree more old boy,makes me laugh when players go on about how hard they are aswell...sitting there clicking there mouse getting fatter rofl...:laugh:the uncaps could have been designed better i.e making them out of bounds so players die after an amount of time..but what happens to the commander assets? it would be cool if the commander could choose where to place the assets at the start of the round -the other team would have to scout them out then - you could make destroying them worth 2 points to make it more worthwhile..whats the big deal about hanging round an uncap anyway;cant players hang around a silo/flag?My guess is they like doing it becoz they catch enemies unawares and therefore have an advantage..

Comment

Getting back to the original subject since we already have too many threads with people arguing about raping the uncap.....

I would agree with the previous posts that we are talking about two different things. Stealing a vehicle is typically if someone gets out to repair, drop MM, or my favorite, when I'm in the walker and jump out to throw some MM Bait, and my gunner gets into the drivers set and won't give it back.

Stealing vehicles from the uncap depends on the server and their rules. Just pay attention to their rules and if you don't like their rules go somewhere else.

What the original post is about sounds more like what another said of vehicle whoring. I agree with Bomando. Whoever is there first, gets the gunship, unless you are just learing and they are experienced. In that case, try to get more practice on empty servers or partially full servers and let the other guy help your team win. Most of the time if I am there waiting for it with another person to gun/fly, if someone comes up you can give them a "Negative" on the radio and they'll leave. Of course there are the exceptions (aka: whores). A few weeks back we had one of the top gunship whores on our titan server. I jumped in as he was taking off to gun for him. His gameplay consisted of flying really high and waiting near the enemy titan for a transport or the other gunship to take off and then shooting them down right away and going back to waiting, not even bothering with armor on the ground (I do okay with the TV's but he wouldn't give me any shots). After the 3rd time I stole some kills by TV'ing the transport he was after, he flew us straight into the ground. He spawned back and took the gunship again. I asked for a pickup and he said there weren't any gunners worth a ****. That is my definition of a gunship whore, and he was very quickly no longer on our server.

Comment

I was on the UK Warfare Titan server last night. There were a couple of UKWF tagged players who wanted the gunship, and when some random player got in they just kept spamming the chat with 'GET OUT OF THE GUNSHIP OR WE WILL BANN YOU!' and stupid crap like that. What a bunch of w*nkers

Comment

First come first serve. Hard to get badges etc if your piped at the post by someone jumping in the gunship just as you only need one more kill for it but hey... thats life and BF for you.

Start another thread if you want to argue about baserape. I am itching to flame....

Comment

Wait your turn. On any of our servers, that's basic decent etiquette, and if you line jump you'll get warned/kicked/banned. If the guy flying is a noob, then he'll die quick, and since you have been patiently waiting, when he respawns you will have been there first, and you get your turn. Very simple.

That having been said, if he's doing well, go do something useful. There's nothing more ridiculous than seeing 6 morons having a circle-jerk on the the hanger deck just waiting for the chance to fly the gunship. If you're that type of person, go back to BF2 and tk'ing for the J-10. The gunship in 2142 isn't *that* dominant that anyone should feel the need to be a smacktard over it...

Comment

Working...
                              X