Areal Defense Ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Areal Defense Ribbon

Does anyone have this award or have advice on how to get it? It might be the one I dont get unless I get a friend to let me kill him 15 times. I have played this game nearly 500 hours, and have gotten a total of 6 kills with the AA guns, much less 15 in one round.

Titan AA Guns.

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09 View Post
      Titan AA Guns.
      What are you trying to say, I know thats what you use, but its so easy to dodge and avoid them, how do you get any kills?

Comment

Well, Titan match, just stay in there for a whole round (or till you get the award).

Specially when the shields go down, its APC and Transport spamming time then.

Comment

Hardest_IAR_requierment_in_the_game. I am not joking, I have nearly all the awards.

Best tips I can give you is that all kills you get while you are in it, counts towards it. This includes sentry guns, APMs or using the ground cannons and switching back before the yellow crap hits your victim.

The real problem is that if you join a large server, there will be lots of stuff to kill, but the titan guns will be occupied by others very often. If you join a small server you will have the guns to yourself, but there will be nothing to kill.

I tried getting it for a long time. The round I finally got it, it was because some less fortunate fellow on the other team kept trying to land the air transport over and over again, and I got him like eight times.

Good Luck, you're gonna need it

Comment

Originally posted by Strike1.Tango View Post
            Hardest_IAR_requierment_in_the_game. I am not joking, I have nearly all the awards.
            While I agree it is tough to get, the 30 kills in a round for the AA Gold is far tougher whether it is titan or conquest. Smart walker pilots are tough to find and pair up with but the trade off is that they tend to kill everything before you can with the AA on the walker. Titan means having to run all over the place until the shields are down and then try to whore up the AA guns and hope for alot of stupid pilots.

I posted a sig to show you that I am nearly maxed out and this has been holding me up.

Comment

Yep, mech AA is one way to go. You don't have to take out air assets just use the AA to kill.

The other way as mentioned is to fire off the titan guns, then switch seats to the Titan AA (F6 and F7) before the rounds land, any kills you get will be credited to the AA.

Comment

Im after this ribbon too (grumble, grumble) i like the sound of the F6-F7 seat switching!? will def give this a go, tnx guys.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcLeod View Post
                  Yep, mech AA is one way to go. You don't have to take out air assets just use the AA to kill.
                  This is how I got mine but I guess I was lucky because I got Aerial Defense Ribbon without even really trying. I happened to hop in a Battlewalker's AA seat simply for transport up to Harbor on Camp Gib but ended up staying in it and got the 15 kills and 5 min requirement. Was a nice little surpise when it popped up.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcLeod View Post
                    The other way as mentioned is to fire off the titan guns, then switch seats to the Titan AA (F6 and F7) before the rounds land, any kills you get will be credited to the AA.
                    Exactly how I got the silver badge and the ribbon. However, I'm not sure 30 kills IAR is easily achieveable with that tactic if you want the gold badge. I'd rather go with the walker for that one but as mentioned earlier, finding an adequate pilot for that is no easy task. You're probably better off by pairing with a buddy who's willing to leave you most of the infantry kills.

Comment

Yipeee i got it finally!! I did it the way with the titan guns, killing troops on the ground with the titan guns then swithcing to F6/F7 to get the AA points! worked like a charm, it was very very close mind, i also caught any transporters trying to land when the sheilds went down + i got the clear skies pin too

Tnx for the tips fellas, GRAVY!!(:0)

Comment

Working...
                      X