Highway Tampa..better in BF2 or 2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Tampa..better in BF2 or 2142?

I know everyone will be a little bias since this is the 2142 forum but I just thought Id get opinions anyways. I have played both and they certainly have advantages over the other. First off I found that in BF2 it is a lot more open and all about the armour and infantry in the wide open space as well as a large area to fly the jets where in 2142 there are a lot of high buildings for good sniping standpoints and more places to hide.
    Also in 2142 there are the newer weapons I like using and the Bandits with boost makes flying across the map a lot faster (and pretty fun) where in BF2 it is mostly a lot of tanks since I find the weapons for soldiers to be not really useful in the wide open space.

Opinions?

I actually prefer BF2 the game over 2142, but prefer the BF2142 version of the map. I like the air power in 2142, if the BF2 version had one attack chopper per side and no bombers then it would rock.

Comment

BF2 version: *gets in a tank* KABLAAM DEAD.
      BF2142 version: ZOMFG Huge tank battles it rocks!!

Comment

I have played the bf2 version, the planes were ok but air vehicles are overpowered in that game which dulls the experience, if there was a chopper on the map then it would most likely suck, it would take one guy to TVG an entire column of tanks in about 60 seconds

I found the 2142 armour battles a lot more fun and even because of active defense, gunships are well balanced and the engineers are a better class thant in bf2, so id pick the 2142 version any day

Comment

I've said this so many times already, but armor battles are way more fun in BF2 than BF2142 IMHO. Odd thing is, I don't really know why. Personally I don't care much for Highway Tampa for 2142.

PS: Smoke > Shield

Comment

2142. Better balance between air and ground

Comment

Originally posted by [Insertnamehere] View Post
              I've said this so many times already, but armor battles are way more fun in BF2 than BF2142 IMHO. Odd thing is, I don't really know why. Personally I don't care much for Highway Tampa for 2142.

PS: Smoke > Shield
              lol i just shoot throught the middle of the smoke will always hit the tank or at least clip it. enough for it to retreat caus

"OMG howz u able to knw where i am!" "hax0r!"

Comment

i really liked the map but went back to 1.25 and eagerly await the fromal release of the next patch;i think it's a really good map the central silo /flag is always hectic;the uncappable bases are imo too big and encourage base rapers though

Comment

Originally posted by ICE*T View Post
                  i really liked the map but went back to 1.25 and eagerly await the fromal release of the next patch;i think it's a really good map the central silo /flag is always hectic;the uncappable bases are imo too big and encourage base rapers though
                  If you like the map all you have to do is make a backup of 2142 and install the 1.40 patch on one and just rename the other. I have mine listed and BF2142 and BF2142 Original. I can play both and just have to delete the 1.40 version when the real patch comes out. That way you can play both

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.ConVix View Post
                    lol i just shoot throught the middle of the smoke will always hit the tank or at least clip it. enough for it to retreat caus

"OMG howz u able to knw where i am!" "hax0r!"
                    Which is why you should never sit in your smoke when you pop it.

Comment

Working...
                    X