Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAAW Question

Second attempt,

I believe that the Anti air rocked launcher is called the saaw ( Just in case some of you to decide to be "funny" again ) I mean the thing you can pick as an engineer that can fire homing missiles on aircraft. You need to unlock it first.

Anyways, do I need to keep pointing at the aircraft when I fired the missiles or do they home in themselves? I got some kills with it but it seems like very hard to make the missiles hit. Even on normal transport planes.

aim on the target
    and keep waiting until you've got a total lock...
    then fire the two missles and keep following the target,
    mostly they will hit..!

Comment

Too bad That means Ive been doin it right.

Comment

make sure you track the aircraft while getting the lock. once you have the lock fire both missiles and then you can let go of the mouse button and reload. the missiles will track the aircraft unless it flies out of lock range, in which case the missiles will simply fall to the ground.

Comment

You might be landing them but almost everyone bail before the killing impact.

Against a good pilots in EU gunship, you will likely "miss" under circumstances that if PAC gunship was the target, it would be dead.

Comment

I fire when they're at the very center of the crosshair, I've sometimes seen the SAAW rockets fly right past a gunship then turn around and hit it on the second pass. I may just be very lucky, but I almost always kill the gunship once I get a solid lock on it. Most of the time they bail tho. But it keeps the gunship out of the air for a while.

Comment

Best time to use it is when the gunship has already taken some damage from something else, then they're less likely to have the chance to bail.

Oh, if you have a SAAW and you can sneak up on a tank, one or two rockets in the *** kills it just fine. Just stand about 4m behind it, fire, and retreat. (so you're just out of range of the explosion)

Comment

if you can get on a hill or tower or the outside of titan down on the sides, they will most likley not spot you, I like to shoot when they are coming towards me, better luck with kills

Comment

Working...
                X