Shut up and ditch this channel!?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut up and ditch this channel!?????

I was playing commander today and don't know what I clicked on but for a while everytime I tried to spot someone the prompt comes out as "Shut up and ditch this channel!"

Anyone know anything about this?

Its an anti-spam function that works well for the non-commander players, unfortunately it does the same to the commanders as well. So, if you order all the squads to an objective and then start spotting players, you'll be muted for 30 seconds from using the radio, voice chat and text chat still works fine though.

Comment

Well that explains it... it was at the beginning of Camp G so I ordered every squad to attack Harbor then spotted the incoming walker(tried to anyway). It also explains why the spotting went back to normal after a while.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

I've never seen it happen to me while commanding... but it can sometimes be a pain when playing medic. If you revive too many people too quickly, you can incur the wrath of the anti-spam radio-block too.

Comment

I've never seen this happen before. Guess I don't Spam the Radio enough.

Comment

other weird thing is you actually still spot people when your a commander they only wont hear it they just see the coordinates. also if your not a commander just look at the enemy for a while and the netbat spots it auto.

Comment

It's a recent change I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Spuddy View Post
                It's a recent change I think...
                It's been around since BF2. I often get it while spotting even as a soldier. If you throw down a med pack, make a revive and spot all in a short space of time, it can catch you.

If only it caught people who bash the PGUP and PGDN keys at commander election time just as quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando View Post
                  It's been around since BF2. I often get it while spotting even as a soldier. If you throw down a med pack, make a revive and spot all in a short space of time, it can catch you.

If only it caught people who bash the PGUP and PGDN keys at commander election time just as quickly
                  I know there's a limitation as a soldier, but I thought as Commander the limitation was added recently after many people complained about Commander spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Spuddy View Post
                    I know there's a limitation as a soldier, but I thought as Commander the limitation was added recently after many people complained about Commander spam.
                    I am pretty sure the CO spam limit has been in effect since the beginning in 2142, but it may have come as part of a patch.

Comment

It depends how many squads you select at once. With a single squad, you can spot for ages. With seven selected, you will be muted for 30 seconds after your 2nd or 3rd spot.

Comment

So when u spot it only shows up on currently selected squad? That's news to me:shock:

Comment

Originally posted by DeathEngineer View Post
                          I was playing commander today and don't know what I clicked on but for a while everytime I tried to spot someone the prompt comes out as "Shut up and ditch this channel!"

Anyone know anything about this?
                          yeah that happens ween you uses comands aobut 10 in a streak

Comment

Originally posted by alpha1.1 View Post
                            So when u spot it only shows up on currently selected squad? That's news to me:shock:

Yeah I'm with you. I have always seen what the commander has spotted.

Comment

I've only had my chat blocked once online when I was reviving heaps of teammates who got owned by a grenade. Thats really irritating if there's a glitch and it happens to commander. whats the use of commander spotting if he can only use it a few times before he gets bocked? :S

I've had it happen lots in Singleplayer when I've been so annoyed at the team killing bots I've just given Page Down a lot of love

Comment

Working...
                              X