A few questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions.

I just started playing BF2142, though i have played all of the other BF games, and i have a couple of questions. Right now i do not have internet i can play BF on, but i will in a few months.

Can i gain rank and weapon unlocks in offline mode and use them online?

Do i only get points towards my rank if i win the match?

Does a spier shot to the head one shot kill?

Is there hit boxes for each body part, IE head shots do more than legs shots?

Is there a way to track my armored target with the rocket launcher?

Thanks for any answers you can give and see you in November once i go home to the US and can play online =)

its pretty much like BF2 but you cant gain rank in offline mode

Comment

How can i gain the unlocks while i only can play in offline mode?

Comment

you cant

Comment

Aww, i got to try to find a mod atleast!

Could you inform me about my other questions please?

-------------------------------

Does a sniper shot to the head one shot kill?

Comment

Originally posted by Zompton View Post
            I just started playing BF2142, though i have played all of the other BF games, and i have a couple of questions. Right now i do not have internet i can play BF on, but i will in a few months.

NO

ONLY COMMANDER SCORE IS BASED ON WIN

YES

THREE PRIMARY HITBOXES: HEAD, TORSO, EXTREMITIES

YES, WITH YOUR EYES AND KEEP RETICLE ON TARGET

Thanks for any answers you can give and see you in November once i go home to the US and can play online =)
            Salute :salute:

Comment

Greatly appreciated for all the answers.

Comment

And what SonicPixel said is true, but for commander score, even if you lose you get your points. If you win then you get double the points.

Comment

Aww, i got to try to find a mod atleast!
                  Well there is an Unlocks mod by FFOLKES that I've used in the past, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. No threads about it, and FFOLKES's sig doesn't have the link in it anymore. Anyone know where it went? It might be that he took it down 'cause he quit making updates past 1.20 (the game's on 1.25 now, BTW).

Sonicpixel was a little less than verbose, so here's another shot: when you zoom, click and hold the mouse button and your rocket will follow the movement of your crosshair. NOTE: takes lots of practice to make it go where you want it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippet View Post
                    Sonicpixel was a little less than verbose, so here's another shot: when you zoom, click and hold the mouse button and your rocket will follow the movement of your crosshair. NOTE: takes lots of practice to make it go where you want it to.
                    Just like the TOW and the default AT launchers in BF2.

Comment

Well there is an Unlocks mod by FFOLKES that I've used in the past, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. No threads about it, and FFOLKES's sig doesn't have the link in it anymore. Anyone know where it went? It might be that he took it down 'cause he quit making updates past 1.20 (the game's on 1.25 now, BTW).
                      I found a download site for it, but it is in German: http://www.bf-gamers.de/include.php?...&contentid=298

It is only for 1.20, but since zompton isnt going to play online, he should be fine with just patching to 1.20.

You dont even have to zoom.
                      Fire in unzoomed and hold the button, and you will see the missile is still controlable.

Comment

Some more help for you

No BUT work out an unlock path early on. Grenades, sprint and stamina should be first then your best kit selection. Read the forums for best choices.

NO. Yu get points for what you do during the match EVEN if the game does not end because of a crash. BEST BET.. go engineer on a titan game where the titan moves! Try Timless Suez 1 or 2 or Timeless Titan. When you start you get zero unlocks BUT engineers can repair from word go and you can get hundreds of points a day if you repair like mad or sit in the titan gun consoles and use them right. POINTS MAKE PRIZES (Unlocks)

Mostly... and if you get enough in a match you get a badge which adds to promotion prospects. An early unlock is the steadier. Use the shift key to stop the up and down waver of the sniper zoom. (mouse wheel will increase your zoom!) Its timed though so use it carefully.

Is there hit boxes for each body part, IE head shots do more than legs shots? generally. BUT hit someone in the ankle twice you might kill them!

Yes. With the standard rocket launcher. Just keep the mouse key pressed whilst you tracked. BUT and its a BIG BIG but. Whilst your aiming the tank or whatever driver gets an EEEEEAAWWW EEEEAAWWWW in their ear so they do everything to avoid getting killed.

Later you will unlock the PILLUM. Its a fire and forget launcher so shoot it at the target allowing for gravity effect. The recepient does not know you are aiming and its far more powerful ESPECIALLY up the bottom. An apc and tank will probably blow first time..

In other words, Get unlocks. Stay safe. Early on stay on titans as a ground gunner or repairer. (Timeless Titan servers are the best for this).

ABOVE all Have fun.

Comment

Also with regards to the hitboxes, there are actually 3 hitboxes on the torso. One for the lower section one for the middle, and one for the shoulders/collarbone. The shoulder one has a slight damage bonus, so if you hit a guy without body armor there with the Zeller advanced sniper rifle it is also a 1 hit kill (although that is probably a rarity since EVERYBODY wears body armor).

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                            And what SonicPixel said is true, but for commander score, even if you lose you get your points. If you win then you get double the points.
                            I am very sure its double the average teamscore added onto yours.

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09
                              I am very sure its double the average teamscore added onto yours.
                              Commander score is the average teamwork score to begin with.

If the commander's team wins he gets that amount of points doubled (however many points are next to his name when the round ends so long as he did not score any points before applying for the commander position). If they lose he gets only the average teamwork score.

Comment

Working...
                              X